Complaint Review: State Bar of California

• Updated: Sat, July 14, 2012

• Reported By: SS — San Francisco California USA
State Bar of California
San Francisco, California United States of America

State Bar of California California Bar Association STATE BAR OF CALIFORNIA - CORRUPT San Francisco , California

*Consumer Comment: State Bar Phony Investigations

The State Bar of California pretends to serve the public by offering people the ability to file a complaint against an attorney who has done something improper or dishonest.  But their "investigations" of these complaints are phony.   They protect their members, not the public.

I filed a complaint against an attorney, Russell Martin, who waived my right to a jury trial behind my back and then lied about it.  He did this to get the trial over with quickly, and so that he would not have to pay jury fees.   He also was supposed to use the almost $10K I paid him for costs, but he had virtually no costs - he did not take any depositions, not even the doctor I was suing for medical malpractice.

I had proof of Martin's deception which I sent to the State Bar.  I also sent them the judge's ruling in the case in which he said I had "freely and intelligently waived her right to a jury trial".   I had done no such thing.

The genius that "investigated" my claim concluded that my lawyer had not done anything wrong because I "didn't have a right to take the case to trial".  I have never taken a legal class, but even I knew that I had a right to take the matter to trial.   Not only that, but I had the judge's ruling for the trial I ALREADY HAD!

So I appealed this ridiculous ruling, and the second genius investigator also said the attorney didn't do anything wrong, this time because I "didn't have a right to a jury trial".   Again, I had sent them the judge's ruling saying that I waived my right to a jury trial.

I finally gave up, and this crooked lawyer got away with it.  The State Bar must either be full of people with an IQ somewhere around that of a turnip, or they are corrupt, and never intended to do anything about this lawyer.   Before I filed this claim, an attorney friend told me that if I wanted them to act against this lawyer, I should tell them that he had sexually assaulted me in some way.
This lawyer said that was the only charge they would actually do something about.   I didn't want to lie, so I didn't do that.  But obviously lawyers know that the State Bar really doesn't do anything to protect the public from bad lawyers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2012 11:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/State-Bar-of-California/San-Francisco-California-/State-Bar-of-California-California-Bar-Association-STATE-BAR-OF-CALIFORNIA-CORRUPT-San-912238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on State Bar of California

State Bar Phony Investigations

AUTHOR: Daniel - ()

The California State Bar investigations are indeed phony, but they are only out to make money for themselves in the form of so called "Discipline Fees".  The State Bar doesn't care about the public one iota, they just need money to fund their own operations at highway robbery rates.  The don't do anything to justify such fees and everybody knows that.

The State Bar files disciplinary charges in an attempt to reach a compromise between the attorney and the State Bar that benfits that Bar only, not the public.  The Bar sincerely believes that the attorney (probably deadlocked by student loans) will just roll over and do what the almighty Bar desires, cough up the discipline fees, try to explain it away, and move on.

I am not a lawyer but I know many, and enough about how the Bar's system operates.  The State Bar's so called "Discipline Fees" are enforceable as a monetary judgement, but the State Bar doesn't do anything to collect them.  They don't even report it credit.  They attempt to create the illusion that the judgment aspect of the discipline fees will allow them to garnish wages, bank accounts, etc., but they need to get off their butts to do this, which they don't do.  In other words, if they want to take the bank account, guess what State Bar, you gotta find it first!  The fact is that the Bar just sits there and relys upon the attorney to voluntarily pay to keep their license which is not worth the paper it is written on in the first place (see any number of news articles about the law school scam and how law schools have been ripping students off for decades).  The best thing for any attorney to do, especially one who is being disciplined, is to leave the field of law that they should have never went into in the first place.