Complaint Review: State Farm

• Updated: Wed, May 15, 2013

• Reported By: Justin — Vancouver Washington
State Farm
One State Farm Plaza Bloomington, Illinois USA

State Farm State Farm refuses to fix navigation system damage, which resulted from a crash Bloomington Illinois

While on a daily commute, I was stopped in traffic and rear ended by somebody who hadn't noticed that traffic ahead of her had halted. It damaged the rear of my car, and my navigation system. Apparently there's a DVD drive inside the in-dash, factory navigation system that reads the maps, and this was damaged.

I tried ejecting and reinserting the disk while on my way home from the accident site; no go. When I made my claim to state farm after I arrived home, I told them that the nav system had been damaged.

State farm has told me (supervisors included) that they can't 'relate it to the accident, since the damage was in the rear of the car'. In other words, they believe I'm trying to commit insurance fraud, it would seem.

I've had home, renter, car, motorcycle and life insurance through state farm for a decade; they're not even going to play for it - state farm is my underwriter, the driver at fault has progressive. They're hanging me out to dry, and I'm planning on canceling all of my coverage with them once this claim is closed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2013 02:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/State-Farm/Bloomington-Illinois-61710/State-Farm-State-Farm-refuses-to-fix-navigation-system-damage-which-resulted-from-a-cra-1051201. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on State Farm