Complaint Review: State Farm

• Updated: Wed, May 22, 2013

• Reported By: hazzy — Ontario California
State Farm
2214 Vesper Cir Ste E-4 Corona, California USA

State Farm, Beth Yancu, Laura Grucelski, Gladys Negrete, Shea Staszak State Farm Rip-off & possible CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT Corona California

Do I have a potential lawsuit if State Farm has had me on the wrong policy for 8 years?  I thought I had signed up for a low mileage discount for my 2005 Expedition that only has 37,000 miles on it.  They called and ask me for all of my vehicles’ mileages at least 4 times in the past 5 years and never brought to my attention that I wasn’t being credited with a low mileage discount.  I found out by accident.  My Corolla went up in price so I called the office to ask why.  I was told it was because my Corolla did not qualify for the low mileage discount anymore.  I asked if my Expedition was still on the low mileage discount and was told that it never was.  I felt cheated because State Farm was supposed to be looking out for me (LIKE A GOOD NEIGHBOR).  My job isn’t supposed to be an insurance expert.  This is why I chose them as my carrier.  Why did they ask for my mileage ONLY to see if they can raise my payments but not SAVE ME MONEY OVER THE PAST 8 years if I qualified for it?  Why didn’t someone say, “Hey, it looks like you’re not driving one of your vehicles much.  Let’s see if you qualify for a discount.”  I filed a complaint and was denied trying to get my money back for the past 8 years.  They said it's because they send me a policy every 6 months telling me what is covered, etc.  It might as well be in a different language because I don't know what is missing and what is not missing.  That is their job to look out for me.  I know I’m not the only one that State Farm has done this to.  I’m sure there are a lot of us who should get their money back.  I bet this has class action lawsuit written all over it.  I suggest you check your current policies and make certain you are asking as many questions as possible and don’t assume your “Good Neighbor” is necessarily looking out for you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2013 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/State-Farm/Corona-California-92879/State-Farm-Beth-Yancu-Laura-Grucelski-Gladys-Negrete-Shea-Staszak-State-Farm-Rip-off-1052967. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on State Farm