Complaint Review: steak n shake

• Updated: Fri, October 07, 2011

• Reported By: janelle — pekin United States of America
steak n shake
Internetpekin, Illinois United States of America

steak n shake Head Manager i worked at steak n shake and the manager told me to clock out and not come then turned around and told me i quit...after bringing up my medical promblems and yelling at me Internetpekin, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Not making sense week not over yet

I was sopposed to get a cup of chili no beans and the waitress came back and elled and said it was full of beans i redid it and told her if it wasnt right that time that she could do it herself she then told the manager that i was disrespectful and the customers could hear me the manager started yelling at me and yell at me bout the things that she dont yell at other workers .then she brought up how she useally understand ppl with medical problems and give them leeways after yelling at me for awhile i got sick of it and told that noone gets paid enough to work for her (bc she also put her hands on employees and raise her hands (at a pregnate woman)) then she said every place is 8.25 i said yea but not with bad managerd like u. so she told me to clock out and not come back. so i threw me bowtie down the took off my apron she said keep tht thats nasty i said no u can wash it urself and when i went to clock out she told me i quit that i wasnt fired. so i went to the line and told everybody bye. i guess i just quit .if u have my number hit me up an employee said stop yelling i said i dont have to listen to u anymore im a customer now and walked out the door

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2011 04:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/steak-n-shake/Internetpekin-Illinois-/steak-n-shake-Head-Manager-i-worked-at-steak-n-shake-and-the-manager-told-me-to-clock-out-786137. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on steak n shake

Not making sense week not over yet

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Your grammar, or lack thereof, makes following your story a bit difficult, but I probably got this much right.

YOU gave the waitress lip and attitude after YOU messed up her order, causing her, the restaurant and the customer to have an unnecessary and unpleasant situation.

You can't do that, on any job, at any time, no matter what your condition (which doesn't matter worth a hill of beans anyway).

I like Steak n Shake and consider it a once in a while treat to go there (Rik, I'm begging you, please don't ruin it for me by posting the vomiting man cartoon here).

You need to both improve your writing skills, and probably your verbal ones, if you talk like you write. Then maybe you can hope for something better in life than getting canned from greasy spoon eateries.