Complaint Review: Steam Express Air Duct Cleaning

• Reported By: Angry — Houston Texas United States of America
Steam Express Air Duct Cleaning
Houston, Texas United States of America

Steam Express Air Duct Cleaning I wish I had done more research. Houston, Texas

I wish I had read the report from scotland007.  I had an almost identical situation.  Recieved coupon in the mail $77 whole house.  Someone else told me before the appointment to read the fine print about the number of vents.  My house has two units, so of course the maximum 10 mwould be exceeded.  I called and asked about this and they told me that the price was per unit, but that I could use the coupon twice, no problem.  Mine was an additional $45 ($90) per return vent and $8 ($128) to clean each vent cover.  I think he quoted me $800 per unit for the mold/deodorize/sanitize treatment.  So what I thought was going to be a $154 job has turned into $472.00  Complete bait and switch.  They knew this was a $472.00 job before they stepped foot in the house.  I am still waiting for them to leave the house, but I would not recommend these people to anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2010 02:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Steam-Express-Air-Duct-Cleaning/Houston-Texas-/Steam-Express-Air-Duct-Cleaning-I-wish-I-had-done-more-research-Houston-Texas-591422. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Steam Express Air Duct Cleaning