Complaint Review: Steam It Carpet Care

• Updated: Thu, December 05, 2013

• Reported By: Tiffany — San Antonio Texas
Steam It Carpet Care
10527 Perrin Beitel Rd Ste A103 San Antonio, Texas USA

Steam It Carpet Care Rude, Condescending, Poor Customer Service San Antonio Texas

This morning a tech was scheduled to arrive at my house at 8am to clean the carpet in my upper game room and stairway. My husband and I spent the morning clearing the area of all furnature and vaccuming the floor and stairway as the website directed. At approximately 8:30 am we noticed an unmarked white van pull in front of our neighbors house and park there. Unsure if this was the carpet tech or not, we continued to vacuum the area. After approximately 10-15 minutes the van pulled down the street, turned around, passed my house again and left.

As the van was leaving, my husband noticed a hose reel in the back of the van so I went to get my phone to call and see if this was our tech. When I looked at the phone, I noticed a few missed calls from an 832 area code. A man by the name of Ray had left a message saying that he needed our vehicles moved so that he could pull into our driveway, although there is plenty of street parking available right in front of our house.

I called him back immediately, apologized for the missed calls and notifed him that we were home and asked if he would return. He became very rude and condescending in his tone of voice, saying that he wasted his time already and that he was on his way to the next job. I explained that we had moved all of our furnature and it was only a small area and he again said how he wasted his time and gas and that he was not returning.

He did not bother to even come up to our door and we were not about to go up to an unmarked white van in front of our neighbors house. It was never stated that they would need driveway access on anything that was provided to me or that the techs would not even bother to come up to the door and knock so it would be advisable to keep my phone right by my side. The services were paid through groupon over their 14 day window for refunds. The company will not even schedule you until almost a month out making any bad experience happen after the refund window.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2013 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Steam-It-Carpet-Care/San-Antonio-Texas-78251/Steam-It-Carpet-Care-Rude-Condescending-Poor-Customer-Service-San-Antonio-Texas-1104560. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Steam It Carpet Care