Complaint Review: Steele Management

• Updated: Fri, April 11, 2014

• Reported By: Ms Scammed — Mississauga Ontario
Steele Management
3250 Bloor St. West, East Tower Suite 600 Toronto, Ontario Canada

Steele Management Andrew SteeleDrew SteeleAndrew George Abagi steele-management.com SCAM Toronto Ontario

*Consumer Suggestion: How to respond to Steele

I responded to an ad on Craiglist http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/tfr/4368057181.html for extras needed for film, tv or print work. I got a call from Steel Management requesting that I went to their office for an appointment on march 21st. I went that day, filled out a form with my personal information and then went into Andrew Steele's office, I told him I was interested in working as an extra but he said that with my look I could get work in print or commercials and make much more money.

I would have to get a photoshoot with his brother Gabriel Steele. He offered a double roll if i decided right away. He told me he wasn't accepting cards, gave me directions to an ATM so that I could pay in cash. I gave him $260 and would have to pay the rest, to complete the $450 on April 5th, the day of the photoshoot.

The day before Andrew called me and said the makeup artist was not going and that he would call me back to re-schedule. [continued below]....

..... That never happened so I called him on April 11th and told him that I wanted a refund because my photoshoot never happened, I also told him I found out of his past 22 charges on fraud and he got very agressive, he started shouting about how that was a lie of his competitors and that he was going to go to my house if I told anyone or wrote about it on the internet and that he was going to leave me without a penny. I hang up and he called me again, I did not answer and he left a voicemail threatening me, that he would sue me for slander. I got scared because he has my info and called the police.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2014 10:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Steele-Management/Toronto-Ontario-M8X-2X9/Steele-Management-Andrew-SteeleDrew-SteeleAndrew-George-Abagi-steele-managementcom-SCAM-1138241. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Steele Management

#1 Consumer Suggestion

How to respond to Steele

AUTHOR: Ren - ()

Hello.

Here's how to get Steele's attention and possibly get your money back (or at least cost them money). If you've been ripped off by them like I have, then stop them from ripping other people off. Stop them from being able to advertise.

STEP 1: Find their ads on Kijiji and copy the ID numbers. Steele regualry posts 2 ads daily – one from Queen & Bay (Eaton Centre) and one from Islington & Bloor (Etobicoke).

STEP 2: Go to bottom of Kijiji page and look under Kijiji Support>Contact Kijiji>Email Us. Then, under "Select Topic", choose "Report Scam" and report your story with the ID numbers of the ads.

ALT: The quicker way of doing this of course is to just usE the "Report Ad" button at the top right of the ad itself but sending Kijiji an email the first time will actually get a response. When I did this, their ads were stopped, and that takes money out of Steele's pockets.

Steele has recently reponded by starting to post from a different address but you can help stop them again. So keep reporting their ads. If more people contact Kijiji on a regular basis (even by just hitting the SCAM button) they will stop Steele from advertising on their site altogether. They just need your help to identify the ads because Steele posts from multiple email addresses and don't use their name of course.

Craig's List doesn't really monitor their ads unfortunately, so I'd concentrate on Kijiji. Keep on it. Don't let Steele get away with ripping you off. Because they're just counting on you to get frustrated and forget about it.

Hope this helps you. If it does, share it.