Complaint Review: Stella & Dot

• Updated: Mon, February 24, 2014

• Reported By: Roxane — Fulton Maryland
Stella & Dot
1111 Bayhill Drive Suite 375 San Bruno, California USA

Stella & Dot Returned items for a refund. Received a partial refund. Asked for unrefundable items to be returned, informed they were donated and will not be returned nor will I receive a refund! San Bruno California

I contacted Stella & Dot on 11/23/13 via e-mail explaining that I've been a stylist for a little over a year and it's not working out for me as promised. I mentioned my wish to return all items that I still have in my possession for a refund as I purchased them with a credit card and am still making payments which are starting to break my budget being I became a single mom. I received an e-mail back on 11/25/13 from Geri stating that I could send everything back for a refund. I sent everything back via USPS on 12/2/13 tracking numbers 9461510200828985807689 & 9461510200829985719446.

I received an e-mail from Robin on 12/12/13 stating they received the boxes however I need to send in a self termination form in order for a refund to be processed. Due to being on vacation and the holidays, I didn't get a chance to submit my form until 12/23/13. From there, Robin and I had a constant back and forth as she's telling me that what I returned wasn't from my original order when I signed up as a stylist therefore none of the items are refundable. She told me this on 1/8/14.

I responded with a screenshot of the e-mail with Geri stating that I could send what I had back for a refund. Then we sent more e-mails back and forth disagreeing on the amount of refund due. She was telling me that business supplies were not refundable, so I tried to work with her and said perhaps a 50% refund since I sent those items back would be fair? Anyways, long story short, I sent back $2,525.07 worth of merchandise. I was told that I would only be refunded for $1,878.32 of those items. I received a refund of $1,835.37; a difference of $42.95.

I was told that they would not refund me for the business supplies or for 3 necklaces that were considered a "customer" order. These items amounted to $646.75. Since they refused to give me a refund for these items, I requested that they send those items back to me, as technically speaking, I paid for them therefore unless I get a refund, they still belong to me. The response I got back was: "Unfortunately, I can not send anything back. All the items that come to the Customer Care office are donated and your return was donated back in December."

This was on 1/7/14. I replied with "All items were donated back in December? If that's the case, then Stella & Dot HAS to issue me a full refund of all items otherwise the company is conducting illegal business practices. I purchased those items, and sent them back for a refund. If Stella & Dot refuses to issue a refund for certain items, then they need to be returned to me because they technically still belong to me. Not issuing a refund, yet donating the items essentially means that MY belongings were donated without my knowledge or approval.

With that being said, I expect to receive an additional refund issued in the amount of $646.75; the full amount of all business supplies returned and the three necklaces from the customer order. If not, I'll have no choice but to report Stella & Dot to the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General." I have not heard back from Robin or anyone else with Stella & Dot and have not received any additional refunds.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2014 08:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stella-Dot/San-Bruno-California-94066/Stella-Dot-Returned-items-for-a-refund-Received-a-partial-refund-Asked-for-unrefundab-1126011. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stella & Dot