Complaint Review: Stephanie Arakel

• Web:
  • Category: Tenants

Stephanie Arakel DO NOT RENT TO STEPHANIE ARAKEL Northridge California

I rented a room in my condo to Stephanie Arakel since 02/2011

She gave me proper notice for move out date of June 1, 2013.  We had a decent relationship during her tenancy here, but there were issues.

Stephanie Arakel rarely, if ever, paid rent on time.  Rent was usually paid 3-9 days after the due date of the 30th of the month.

Stephanie Arakel had her boyfriend staying here often enough that he would be legally considered a tenant.  Often he was here 7 nights a week, despite having his own place to live blocks away - his parents house.  At least he was respectful, and took out the trash a couple times.

Stehpanie Arakel and her boyfriend like to smoke marijuana, and though I dont have a problem with this, smoking it daily indoors and never opening the bedroom window became a problem.  It also led to them consuming food items that werent theirs and they never replaced them.

Stephanie Arakel moved out of my home and left her room and bathroom uninhabitable.  When the bedroom furniture was moved, there was 2 years of dust, trash, food wrappers and food present.  It took an hour to get the baseboards vacuumed and dusted.  There is black spray paint on my beige berber carpet, and I stopped count at 40 screw and nail holes in the bedroom walls.  There was trash left in the bedroom and closet, as well as some of her belongings that she didnt want to take with her, which I disposed of.  I am looking at a cost of around $800.00 to replace the bedroom carpet that she has destroyed.

Stephanie Arakel left her bathroom in even worse condition than her bedroom.  She dyes her hair bright colors, and my entire shower full of white tile grout was permanently stained.  She made a futile attempt to clean it, but didnt clean the gasket of the glass door or the door threshold.  The glass door was completely opaque from soap scum and water deposits, despite her having a squeegee in the shower.  The shower drain is completely plugged.  The sink is permanently stained pink and the drain is partially plugged.  The cream colored sink vanity and the cream colored bathroom door is stained with pink fingerprints, as is the hallway linen closet and her bedroom door.

The bathroom walls had to be washed from floor to ceiling as well due to the very long showers that were taken by her and her boyfriend, which caused condensation on the walls.  She brought it up to me and I told her to wipe them with a towel, from the looks of the walls, that never happened.  A picture that was hanging on the wall had rusted to the wall from the moisture.  The baseboards were left filthy and the vanity which is next to the toilet was splashed with urine.  A piece of antique furniture that was in the bathroom was also damaged to the point of needing the top to be completely refinished.

Stephanie Arakel baked out of my home and liked to leave the kitchen a mess.  Cake batter on the tile backsplash, cake batter on the mixer, cake batter on the cabinets, etc.  Food color stained my kitchen tile grout.  Dishes were piled up for days until I washed them and put them in the dishwasher.  I allowed her use of one of my pantries, and upon move out, they were left filthy; blue sugar spilled across one shelf, green and red frosting on another and vegetable oil caked onto yet another.  A glass apothecary jar also disappeared from my kitchen upon move out.  It was one she purchased to replace the one I owned and allowed her to borrow, and was broken.  She nearly ruined a professional grade garbage disposal by not checking it before she turned it on; I removed a spoon from it.

In the end, she did give 30 days notice, but left me with a lot of expenses related to her destruction of my home.

Landlords beware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2013 10:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stephanie-Arakel/Northridge-California-91324/Stephanie-Arakel-DO-NOT-RENT-TO-STEPHANIE-ARAKEL-Northridge-California-1055834. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stephanie Arakel