Complaint Review: Stephen Newman

• Submitted: Mon, August 30, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, August 30, 2004

• Reported By:Morgan Hill California
Stephen Newman
5630 Allen Ave San Jose, California U.S.A.

Stephen Newman ripoff for $1200 to replace 11 doors (including garage) San Jose California

I responded to newspaper ad to repair a broken garage door spring. Mr. Newman came and told me of his great prices for replacing garage door including new opener, then after selling me on that, offered to replace 10 interior doors for a great price.

Didn't show up for first appointment, but called & said he had death in the family & rescheduled. Then didn't show for 2nd appointment. When I called he said his "guys should be there", but didn't call me back again. I told him I wanted a refund handed to me by the next day.

When I didn't hear from him & called, he said he mailed a cashier's check certified mail. It's been 10 days, but no check has come. Now he won't answer my calls.

Jonnie
Morgan Hill, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2004 11:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stephen-Newman/San-Jose-California-95123/Stephen-Newman-ripoff-for-1200-to-replace-11-doors-including-garage-San-Jose-California-106232. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stephen Newman