Complaint Review: Stepping Stone Recovery House

• Updated: Fri, April 11, 2014

• Reported By: Lisa — Baltimore Maryland
Stepping Stone Recovery House
305 South Augusta Ave. Baltimore, Maryland USA

Stepping Stone Recovery House Angela and Chris Texts clients at 5:00 am, does not fix a leak from the bathroom upstairs to the laundry room in the basement , collects money from clients illegally, is very rude, when you say "HI" to her she just ignores you, the only time she speaks to you is if she wants to b**** about something. Baltimore Maryland

Living at the Stepping Stone Recovery House was the biggest mistake I have ever made. The house mansger offered to do my hair for me one day, and I thought that was a nice gesture, so I let her do it.  About a week later, I asked her if she would take me to get a check cashed (my boyfriend had sent me a check).  She told me that she wouldn't take me.  Later that day when she arrived home, she told me I owed her $30.00 for doing my hair, $20.00 because I didn't do my chore, and other charges that she said I owed.  I was afraid she would kick me out, because the longest anyone has ever stayed their to my knowledge has been 3 months, then she kicks them out right after she collects the rent from them.  So, I found myself broke the same day I got the check cashed.

There was a leak going from the bathroom that is off of the kitchen down to the laundry room in the basement.  Angie was made aware of the leak and nothing was done about it for at least 10 days.  It had a horrible odor and 2 other people live down there.  She also told me that someone was going to replace the sheet rock in the ceiling from all the mold and mildew that had built up from the leak, and that was never done.  I have heard the two people who reside in the basement complain how they don't feel well.  They have headaches, and stomach aches almost every day, and they are getting a lawyer to sue this so called recovery house.

The house managers boyfriend or husband gets high all the time in this recovery house, and I think Angela does as well because I know she lets a certain drug dealer stash his drugs in the backyard of the recovery house and he pays her money.

The whole "Stepping Stone Recovery House" is nothing but a joke.  There are so many electrical problems and in the basement there are three doors, and not one is hung correctly.  I have a relativge that owns a real estate company, so I am going to have her and her husband over to see how many code violations that house has so it can be shut down.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2014 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stepping-Stone-Recovery-House/Baltimore-Maryland-21229/Stepping-Stone-Recovery-House-Angela-and-Chris-Texts-clients-at-500-am-does-not-fix-a-l-1138095. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stepping Stone Recovery House