Complaint Review: Stepping Stone Recovery House

• Updated: Sat, March 22, 2014

• Reported By: Courtney — Baltimore Maryland
Stepping Stone Recovery House
305 South Augusta Ave. Baltimore, Md 21229 Baltimore, Maryland USA

Stepping Stone Recovery House Angie (house manager) blackmail, drugs outside property of recovery house Baltimore Maryland

At the Stepping Stone Recovery House I am residing in, there is alot of illegal things going on.  The neighborhood that the  recovery house is located is a bad drug infested area.  I was sitting in the back yard, on the property of the recovery house, minding my own business when I saw a young african american male place something along the fence line.  The man did not see me and he left.  About 10 minutes later, he came back and saw me and told me in a very threatening way not to touch anything that did not belong to me, and then he left.  I have heard about this man before through another client who resides here and she told me that the house manager, Angie, told her to give that man whatever he wanted and that he was her son, which I know that he isn't her son.  So, she is being paid to let drug dealers stash their drugs in the backyard of a recovery house.  Not only does that put every client in danger, but it's illegal.  The house manager here also charges clients a $10.00 fee every time their chores are not done, and she keeps the money.  Another instance, she told a client that she would do her hair for her and never once mentioned anything about being paid for doing it.  About a week later, she told this client that she owed her $30.00 for doing her hair.

My fiance and I live in the basement which is like a hole in the wall.  There are no windows, so when you wake up, you think it's the middle of the night and it's really 11-12 in the afternoon.  It's the most depressing place I have ever lived.  We had a major mix up when it came to us living here.  A man at our church said he knew a guy that had many rental properties and that we should give him a call.  When we did, he tried to get us to rent a townhome down by John's Hopkins Hospital, which is way too far for us to commute.  That house was not a recovery house.  Neither one of us have ever been in recovery.  We just needed a place to live.  Then, the man told us about another property he had on South Augusta.  He never once mentioned that it was a recovery house.  We went to meet the lady that I thought owned the home and we were to look at the basement to rent.  Not one time did she ever mention that it was a recovery house.  No one else was there because it was the middle of the day, so I just assumed that we were renting this woman's basement.  When we moved in, we began to realize what this place was exactly.  When Angie came down without knocking on our door, (which she has never done, and still doesn't do) to wake us up  on a Sunday morning at 7:00am, I just about lost my mind.  I told her that my fiance and I were not here for recovery and that we thought we were renting her basement.  The entire ordeal was a huge catastrophe.

But now I find out that she is being paid off by drug dealers to keep their stash in our back yard, that did it for me.  I would really appreciate it if someone could look into this riffraff that is going on here at 305 South Augusta Ave.  Baltimore, Md 21229.  Also, the house manager said that we were to pay $550.00 a month and then it would go up $100.00 every month until it reached $800.00.  No one in their right mind would pay that kind of money for a dungeon in a drug infested area.  So, I called the man who owned the property and he told me that my fiance and I were locked in at $600.00 a month and for some people the rent does go up $50.00 a month until it reaches $800.00.  So that's another lie the house manager told.....She said it went up $100.00 a month when it's only supposed to go up $50.00 a month.  The house manager is very rude and nasty.  I try to start conversations with her but she just ignores me, probably because I'm not stupid enough to do some of the things the other clients do to help out her bank account.  I also heard that she is doing drugs in the house.  I really hope that is a rumor, because that would be awful if people were coming here to get clean and the house manager is getting high.  Thank you for listening to my complaint and I really hope someone will be able to do something about it.

Thanks again for everything

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2014 10:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stepping-Stone-Recovery-House/Baltimore-Maryland-21229/Stepping-Stone-Recovery-House-Angie-house-manager-blackmail-drugs-outside-property-o-1132715. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stepping Stone Recovery House