Complaint Review: Stericycle

• Updated: Wed, July 03, 2013

• Reported By: review2day — Salt Lake City Utah
Stericycle
28161 N. Keith Dr. Lake Forest, Illinois USA

Stericycle Deceptive contract practices, Outrageous price increases Lake Forest Illinois

Our medical office has used Stericycle for years. We have been overcharged for years. They were billing me every month when I was only getting medical waste pick up every other month. They were only picking up one container when they were billing me for two. Not only that, my rates started at $191 per month and went up to $385 per month over the course of the contract with no notification, no explanation. In fact, my rates were raised almost every month..

When I contacted the company, they informed me that I signed a contract and agreed to those terms. The contract was longer than I signed for but apparently they auto renew and they told me I agreed to that as well.  They customer service representatives refused to give me a refund for the containers they did not pick up. They refused to cancel my contract without me paying over $1000 cancellation which I will do as their are local companies who will do waste pick up for half the price. Very deceptive contract terms.

There is no way in the world I would recommend this company to anybody. Pay very close attention the the fine print on the contract. The company has made it next to impossible to get out of it. The worst part is that they can get away with large price increases during the course of the contract without giving the customer a choice. Buyer beware. I am in the process of obtaining a copy of the contract they told me I signed because it is not the same as what my records show. It will most likely be cheaper for me to cancel the contract then to keep paying their outrageous charges and price increases over the next year.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2013 06:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stericycle/Lake-Forest-Illinois-60045/Stericycle-Deceptive-contract-practices-Outrageous-price-increases-Lake-Forest-Illinois-1064086. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stericycle