Complaint Review: Steve Soprano/Steve Strain/Premier Ticket Sports

• Reported By: George Constantino Calabrese — Las Vegas Nevada
Steve Soprano/Steve Strain/Premier Ticket Sports
Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Steve Soprano/Steve Strain/Premier Ticket Sports Scammer Las Vegas Nevada

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The link tells it all...

I found an ad for www.premierticketsports.com & a sports handicapper by the name of Steve Soprano, aka Steve Strain.  We spoke about various packages & he and I agreed to do a one time bet on a sports event, MLB, FOR $2500.00 as a gentleman's wager.  The wager was made & I won & he now refuses to respond to me or to return my calls & emails.  This guy is a con-artist & a welcher who will take a shot at anyone & will not pay if he loses.  I have no comment whatsoever on his sports handicaping abilities as this was never the issue at hand.  DO NOT deal with this man.  He is a welch.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2013 12:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Steve-SopranoSteve-StrainPremier-Ticket-Sports/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89101/Steve-SopranoSteve-StrainPremier-Ticket-Sports-Scammer-Las-Vegas-Nevada-1084777. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Steve Soprano/Steve Strain/Premier Ticket Sports

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The link tells it all...

AUTHOR: Ssteve - ()

I was the middle man in this wager.  I simply placed it to someone else who takes action.  The player is a Brain VanCleave out of California who understood that arrangement.  The first and only bet he ever made through me was a Reds-Cubs game that began at 9:30 on a weekday morning.  I hurried to get the account created with the bookmaker and the play turned in.

With that in mind, here is the kicker:
Upon a quick google search as the bet was placed and the game was close to starting, the bookmaker discovered Brian Van Cleave's name was found here http://www.getabet.com/deadbeats.asp. The bookmaker gave me a vague response that this bet wasn't going to fly (he texted "WTF") very shortly after the first pitch and I asked for a further explanation.  He was entering a meeting (he's a businessman), and didn't respond until the third inning and the wager was on the first 5 innings and that's where the unfortunate discrepancy occurred. But the discovery of Mr. VanCleave's shady past prevented this play from being made.

While I am willing to confront this with my name on the line, Mr. VanCleave's name is nowhere to be found in the orginal posting. I would ask that that is taken into consideration. He also used a George Ross from Vegas to call me and threaten me.  Apparently Mr. VanCleave needs to remain anonymous for some reason and have others handle his dirty work and post in this forum for him.  I have stepped up and provided an explanation with my name attached.   Again, here is the link.: http://www.getabet.com/deadbeats.asp  You draw your own conclusions.

Steve Soprano