Complaint Review: Steve Truitt D.D.S.

• Submitted: Tue, March 18, 2014
  • Updated: Tue, March 18, 2014

• Reported By: Peter H — Houston Texas
Steve Truitt D.D.S.
13105 Northwest Freeway Houston, Texas USA

Steve Truitt D.D.S.  htownsmiles.com‎ worst dentist ever Houston Texas

My name is Peter H - and this is my story....

This lady is THE WORST dentist I've ever had.  For starters, she doesn't even do her own dental work - it is done by her underlings, i.e. her hygeinists.  One of them must have just gotten out of dental school, he was so young.  I have fillings older than him!

Speaking of which, I have perfect teeth - no joke.  The only fillings I have were when I was 12 years old and an unscrupulous dentist (who had his license later revoked) conned my parents into filling two "tiny" cavities prior to my getting braces.  Turned out I didn't have cavities, and he pocketed the money.

Same thing with this lady. She shows up and tells me that I have "the making of" a cavity on the left molar, and it would cost $$$ to fill and repair.  Only five minutes of her examination, and she tells me I have a cavity?? WTF???

However - six months earlier when I was with my previous dentist (who had retired), he never indicated any problems.  In fact, for the 20 years I'd been going to my other dentist, I'd NEVER had a cavity!

Needless to say, I'm having "incompetent doctor" flashbacks from 20 years ago.  I calmly told her that I'd get a second opinion before committing an indecent sum of money to a procedure that I (probably) wouldn't need.  She got huffy and said something like, "Well, it's your mouth" and walked off!

Second opinion with different dentist - NO CAVITY.  Unreal.

She also got pissy about being paid. Uh, I'm sorry, Miss Thang, but malpractice doesn't get paid on your timetable, and I also alerted the Texas Dental Association about her questionable diagnosis.

On top of that, she apparently hired her husband to be her "secretary" and from what I heard from the old staff there, he was a pain in the...tooth.  He rarely got things right, bad attitude etc.  Shows what happens when you force your husband on an office where he really doesn't belong.

All in all, avoid this lady and her incompetent boob of a husband if you need a qualified dentist.  She's the pits.

UPDATE: Went to my new dentist last month after Christmas.  He took X-rays and told me flat-out that I had no cavities - AFTER Savita Brenner said that I had "the makings of one."  She's either incompetent or money-hungry. Probably both.  She should have her license revoked.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2014 10:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Steve-Truitt-DDS/Houston-Texas-77040/Steve-Truitt-DDSnbsp-htownsmilescom-worst-dentist-ever-Houston-Texas-1131529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Steve Truitt D.D.S.