Complaint Review: Steve White Motors, Hickory Nc

• Updated: Thu, March 06, 2014

• Reported By: Marine15 — atlanta Georgia
Steve White Motors, Hickory Nc
3470 US Highway 70 East Hickory, North Carolina USA

Steve White Motors, Hickory Nc Deceptive, Unprofessional, Unsafe Practices, Credit Card Unauthorized charges Hickory North Carolina

I recently purchased a used vehicle from Steve White Motors, it starts off I found the vehicle on the internet and called to put a down payment using my bank check card in the amount of 500.00,  after paying cash for the vehicle in full when I picked it up I was reviewing my bank account online and noticed a 1000.00 charge from Steve White Motors about 5 days after the purchase.  I called and asked why they had ran my card for a 1000.00 and they excused it as an accounting error needless to say this could have caused major issues if I had not had money in my account ie...bounced checks, autodraft not going through.  They stated that they reversed the transaction about a week went by with me calling inquiring where the reversal is as it did not hit my account and all I could get was call back tomorrow.  I ended up reporting it to my bank as fraud and the following day I was refunded.

I had 2 brake lines blow on the vehicle less than a week after purchasing which is very surprising being that the dealership had completed a NC State Safety inspection and left the reciept in the vehicle prior to the sale.  I also took the vehicle to a mechanic in my area to have it looked over, with that being said the vehicle had roughly 8,000 in repairs that had to be completed including the brake lines that blew.  I realize that I purchased a used vehicle, I contacted the dealership and stated that I wanted them to pay for the 430.00 worth of brake line work that had to be completed it should not have passed inspection, I was furious as I could have caused an accident and killed someone.  The General Manager stated he would pay for half since his dealership could have done it for that cost....Why the hell wasn't it done then when you inspected it, instead they sprayed undercoating to cover up the underside of the vehicle.  The General Manager has no care other than making money not making situations right with the customer.... peoples safety and the customer are the last thing on his mind.

Do Not buy from this Dealership unless you want a major headache.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2014 05:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Steve-White-Motors-Hickory-Nc/Hickory-North-Carolina-28602/Steve-White-Motors-Hickory-Nc-Deceptive-Unprofessional-Unsafe-Practices-Credit-Card-U-1128663. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Steve White Motors, Hickory Nc