Complaint Review: steven schlosser

• Updated: Tue, November 06, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — Colorado United States of America
steven schlosser
2595 Canyon Blvd, Suite 360 Boulder, Colorado United States of America

steven schlosser Avanti Skin Care of Boulder Massive "consultation" fee deducted from refund after an accident caused me to cancel surgery Boulder Colorado

I went into Dr Schlosser's office and had a quick consultation for a procedure. I was very excited to get spruced up and went ahead and scheduled the procedure and payed the amount in full that day. Just over two weeks prior to the procedure, I had an accident that was going to require reconstructive surgery. Being that I did not have health insurance at the time and it was going to cost me a pretty penny, I called the office and informed them of my situation. They wanted to see proof of this so I faxed them my medical record showing the proof, which seems to be highly un-ethical to begin with. After several calls into the office to try and get a refund, they finally agreed to refund me, less the consultation fee. I agreed to this, but little did I know that this one hour consultation was going to cost me $1200. I looked back over the paperwork I had received, and the main brochure did say that if you cancelled prior to two weeks before surgery, then you WOULD be refunded. I felt like I was treated like some kind of schmuck or criminal for having an accident. It seems immoral and underhanded to not take into consideration certain situations that may actually warrant a refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2012 06:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/steven-schlosser/Boulder-Colorado-/steven-schlosser-Avanti-Skin-Care-of-Boulder-Massive-consultation-fee-deducted-from-refu-965299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on steven schlosser