Complaint Review: STEVEN ZARELLI

• Updated: Tue, July 01, 2014

• Reported By: Ion — Cambridge Massachusetts
STEVEN ZARELLI
Ballston Lake NY Ballston Lake, New York United States of America

STEVEN ZARELLI Steve Zarelli Autograph Authenticator Who is this guy ? This guy is an Autograph Authenticator ? Really ? Not in my humble opinion ! Ballston Lake, New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Peter Principal RE: Zarelli Space Authentication

*Consumer Comment: Zarelli is wrong about Heston Secretary

*Consumer Suggestion: Zarelli not a reliable person compulsive fib teller

*Consumer Comment: I wish people without credibility would stop giving out opinions and COAs that mislead people.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Steve Zarelli Space Authentication

*Consumer Suggestion: CHARLTON HESTON NEVER EMPLOYED A SECRETARY !

I sell Books. mostly first Editions  and signed books. Most of my signed books were acquired in person. In 1996 , Charlton Heston signed twelve books at a book signing event.  I got my picture taken with him . Nobody ever signs their name exactly the same way twice, the signatures are all basically the same except the "r" in charlton is written slightly different on each book that Chuck signed for me, some look like an "r", some look like a large "r" and some resemble an "l" .

Since these were signed in front of me, I never really scutinized the signatures at all.......The problem is , some Pejorative Author recently published an article about Charlton Heston's autograph claiming that the Heston signatures with "r"s that look like "l"s are secretarial. I disagree and the books signed in front of me would support my position and would disprove the article. This is my opinion based on my own, "In Person" experience with Chuck Heston!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2013 06:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/STEVEN-ZARELLI/Ballston-Lake-New-York-12019/STEVEN-ZARELLI-Steve-Zarelli-Autograph-Authenticator-Who-is-this-guy-This-guy-is-an-A-1045114. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on STEVEN ZARELLI

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Peter Principal RE: Zarelli Space Authentication

AUTHOR: ghafta - ()

The Peter Principle is a concept in which a candidate for a position is based on their performance in their current role rather than on their abilities relevant to the intended role. They only stop being promoted when they are out of their league in a job they cannot do.

In My Humble Opinion Steve Zarelli is somewhat out of his league as an authenticator. Lets face it REAL autographs are determined to be fake while Fakes are determined to be real and Zarelli is correct some of the time after all he has a 50/50 shot at it.

People are getting hurt by these OPINIONS of his and it is really horrible that he charges for his opinion.

I have been buying and selling space related autographs for nearly forty years. I have seen the items that Zarelli claims are real and in my humble opinion I'll just pass thank you.

Zarelli is wrong about Heston Secretary

AUTHOR: Phil - ()

I have kept very quiet about Steve Zarelli's article that claims that Charlton Heston used a secretary. In Steve's article he illustrates a version of Mr. Heston's signature where Charlton resembles "Challton" and Steve builds a case around this signature in order to proclaim this version as secretarial.

There is a very good reason that I strongly disagree with Steve Zarelli's conclusions.

I met Charlton Heston at Disney and he signed copies of his biography for me. I watched Mr Heston sign these. I met Mr. Heston's family. The books that Charlton Heston signed for me in front of Disney park employees, his family, and myself all bear the version that Steve Zarelli mistakenly claims to be secretarial . This version was the version that Charlton looks like "Challton"

Sorry to disagree with you Steve. Your article is wrong and you made a mistake on this one. I have been studying signatures a very long time, in fact I have been studying signatures for many more years than Steve.

I respect Steve, but he has been wrong in the past. He has made mistakes as part of the learning process. I have tried to be fair and dispute his article with respect and dignity.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Zarelli not a reliable person compulsive fib teller

AUTHOR: bzarelli - ()

Zarelli  is not a reliable person compulsive fib teller. I am ashamed of him . Always able to put something over on his classmates and now he is an expert at something

AUTHOR: Alpesh Patel - ()

I wish people without credibility would stop giving out opinions and COAs that mislead people. People are buying these autographs off eBay think they are real because this Zarelli is pretending to be an expert. It is unfair to the honest peoples that believe Zarelli when he claims he is an expert.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Steve Zarelli Space Authentication

AUTHOR: JVance - ()

After reading this I will voice my opinion and say that third party authenticators are a joke. Third party authenticators make money off people by giving opinions and they have no formal training at all in handwriting forensics. Some of the so-called authenticators claim to have helped with court cases and this may be true but usually in either civil cases that require less concrete evidence or sometimes hearsay evidence might be used in a criminal case in certain instances.

I personally find it ludicrous and insulting to think that a civilian can do a proper investigation into a sample of handwriting when law enforcement investigators spend many classroom hours studying handwriting forensics. This is like a civilian doing fingerprinting or DNA examinations because this is just not realistic. This is insulting to law enforcement and unfair to collectors like this one.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

CHARLTON HESTON NEVER EMPLOYED A SECRETARY !

AUTHOR: Bob McCalls - ()

My own opinion is that Steve Zarelli is all wet when it comes to Charlton Heston. I Agree that Heston never used a secretary and that in certain instances Chuck  signed Charlton in such a way as to look like "Challton" but this was just the way he would sometimes sign his name. I know because I TOO got books signed in person and all of mine look like Challton so Steve Zarelli is full of @#$%^& !!!  Chuck Heston was an honest man.