Complaint Review: STEVENSON TOYOTA

STEVENSON TOYOTA
3124 Hwy 17 N Jacksonville, North Carolina USA

*Author of original report: P.S.:

*Author of original report: Response to Ken @ Stevenson Toyota

*Consumer Comment: So what you are saying is...

*Author of original report: Response to Ken

*Consumer Comment: Confused..

*Consumer Comment: Several things I don't understand...

In 1998 I had a Toyota Supra serviced there. The mechanic owned a similar Supra and I noticed that he replaced my engine parts with older ones and after my car was "finished" he told me I could drive off, but after i decided to check I found ZERO OIL in the system, zero break liquid, zero windshield washer and zero transmission fluid! No kidding! He, the kind and friendly African-American gentleman set me up for some deep trouble! Gladly I caught that and told him kindly to fill in all fluids! I was very kind and I should have SUED his and Stevenson's butt big time! After writing a formal complaint to Toyota HQ I was totally and absolutely ignored. There was no partial, refund, nothing. Not even a discount coupon. After repeat inquiries - total and utter silence. No apologies were issued, nothing, nada, zero, zilch. No more Toyota for me ever since! AVOID! STAY AWAY! From any Toyota, especially STEVENSON'S TOYOTA in JAX, NC!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2014 03:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/STEVENSON-TOYOTA/Jacksonville-North-Carolina-28546/STEVENSON-TOYOTA-Dangerous-dealership-garage-lets-customer-leave-with-stolen-auto-parts-a-1137627. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on STEVENSON TOYOTA

P.S.:

AUTHOR: Reviewer - ()

That mechanic alone was setting me up for a big trouble and he knew what he was doing. He was endangering me, my car, my life and the lives of other drivers on the road. And no one has checked the quality of his work and they allowed him to take my car and work on it over Saturday and Sunday! If I was stupid enough to drive off with a wobbling unattached engine with no liquids in it and not even a brake fluid, I would have had my engine break my car, the engine would have stalled and ruined itself, I would have had no brakes, I would have killed myself and possibly other people on the road driving with a wobling engine with no oil and no brakes, etc. That's why I am saying that's criminal! The mechanic was clearly in for the kill or at least for a very sad joke and he was nice when he talkked to me. So evil! His idea to kill the white tourist guy with an accent. That's whats most troubling. You're an evil country with a fake smile.

Response to Ken @ Stevenson Toyota

AUTHOR: Reviewer - ()

"So what you are saying is that even though 15+ years have passed, it took apparently several weeks for you to even report it to Toyota and the dealership, you admit you don't have any proof, never took any photots, and never filed a police report.  Yet you still want them to investigtate this and issue you a formal apology.

Yea good luck with that.  Visitor or not I don't think there is any place in the World that this makes any sense at all.

By the other than you saying they had to "split" your engine you didn't say what they said they repaired/replaced.  As it seems possible that if you had engine work being done it is possible that they had to also replace other parts."

Nitpicking? Too much time on your hands? I'm describing my experience with an auto service in the self-appointed Policeman Of The World, who self-claim that they are Number One Best Country In The Entire Universe, yet I noticed a lot of your services and companies are at the levels below those of Third World's. Seriously. Experiences do not have to have proof. Who are you to request proof?

In the USA they believe the word and often use it as proof or evidence under oath. I did not have a camera on me. Aagain, I was in a hurry, thus this mechanic guy and the entire dealership got very lucky. Yet how do you take photos of a screw missing and no liquids? What I'm saying it is tru nithing but truth and even if there is no proof I can put my hand on Bible and testify that it is all true. This is why I write this experience report.
They can check who worked as mechanic then and who owned a Toyota Supra 1988 in the garage back then and who did the work. At least that. Then they willsee that things begin to match with what I'm saying. But the dealership alone won't do that. Look at all the negative reviews all over internet about this specific dealership. And a lot if not most 5 star reviews of many such companies are allegedly written by associates, employees and interested parties.

We have a lot of problems in my country, but we expect that and we do not call ourselves numero uno. And when we come to the USA and get treated like we are stupid, the opinion builds around it.

I also believe it may have been racial discrimination (very popular claim in the USA), because the guy was black mechanic and he let customer drive with unattached wobbling engine without any liquids in it? Seriously? I feel sorry I did not have this Americanised attitude then and sued their ass big time. It just there was no idea whom to call and where to start, I just said fix it and forget it, I gotta rush.

I may still have that invoice around somewhere.

It does make sense to spam me with Toyota dealership sales unsolicited commercial email? I do spread the world about Toyota and services in the USA. My friends, family they know about it and none of them own a Toyota and never will.

I use my English skills best I can, so they had to split the engine to replace engine gasket because oil was found in the cooling system. No other parts were replaced and I was charged only for splittng the engne rto replace the gasket and cleaning it up, yet clearly I could not recognise my engine (that I used to work on), because parts looked different, yet I was in a hurry, I had like 30 minutes before I had to be at some place, so all I did was I asked the mechanic to kindly finish his job and attach the engine properly with a missing bolt (screw) and fill in all the liquids. Once he did that, I checked everything again and I left. Oh, I forgot one moment, I remember trying to complain about his work, while he was fixing his b/s, but the office there was busy and I realised this will take too long so I left after he was done. Then I had to travel further, and only a few months later and a few years later I had time to address this issue. Now with the economic crisis having a bit of free time, I decided to share my story with people, in more detail.

In Europe we are kind people and friendly, did you notice? We are not self-appointed, arrogant, obnoxious, demanding, overly 'competitive', like you Americans are. So when things happen we take it easy and try to understand the other person. Also we don't want any conflict. You do come to us even in Europe and bomb everyone as if there is no tomorrow. You and your corrupt fascist gov. Also at that time I had high expectations of the United States, which was completely turned around after 11-09-2001, which everyone knows it was an inside job, even some Americans know that. I also found out other things such as aerosol geoengineerring is being done by the US, which is toxic to all life; the Economic Hitmen story, the fake marathon "bombings". You guys lost ALL credibility in the world, all of it. You have no self respect, your politicians are liars, you do not keep promises, and you got absolute zero credibility. My friend who has business in the USA told me stories how ridiculous his Unitedstatesian customers are behaving demanding free stuff, crying like babies, threatening lawsuits for every spot on their clothes, for every scratch on their bodies and on their cars, eating half meal in the "restaurant" and demanding for a refund, etc. You should be ashamed and hide under a rock or something instead of claiming to be world policemen... Have you noticed the world is laughing at you guys? No, we are not envy, we are sincerely laughing at you and your "services" and your brainwashed sheeple who can't tell real story from a lie.

In Africa I've (and my car) been treated much better than in the USA. Gladly I dont travel there anymore.

So what you are saying is...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Response to Ken

AUTHOR: Reviewer - ()

Ken, are you from Stevenson Toyota? It does not matter how long ago this has occurred. It was not addressed. My report was triggered by some spam email that advertised Toyota cars etc. wwhich made me remember the incident in 1998. I was then visiting the U.S. and bought a Toyota to get around the country. I live in Eastern Europe. Let me answer your questions in UPPERCASE so it can be distinguishable from your text:

IN MY COUNTRY WE HAVE A HABIT TO CHECK EVERYTHING ONCE THE CAR REPAIR IS COMPLETED. VERY OFTEN WE REPAIR OUR OWN CARS OURSELVES. SEEING MY CAR PARKED OUTSIDE THE TOYTOA GARAGE I HAD A BAD FEELING AND DECIDED TO CHECK THE LIQUIDS. IF I DID NOT, AT THAT TIME MY CAR'S ENGINE WOULD HAVE BEEN DESTROYED, OR WORSE YET. MY LAWYER FRIEND IN MY COUNTRY WHO I CONSULTED YEARS LATER JUST FOR CURIOSITY'S SAKE, HE TOLD ME THAT IF I DROVE OFF WITHOUT THE FLUIDS AND IT EITHER RUINED THE ENGINE OR THE CAR GOT INTO ACCIDENT I WOULD HAVE HAD A CASE AGAINST TOYOTA.

I HAVE A RIGHT TO REPORT SUCH INCIDENT EVEN IF NO DAMAGES OCCURRED SINCE I AM REPORYING THE INCIDENT THAT HAS NOT BEEN RESPONDED TO. AN APOLOGY, PERHAPS SOME INCENTIVES WOULD HAVE SUFFICED, YET THE TOYOTA HQ DECIDED TO GO TO ROAD OF SELF DISRESPECT AND IGNORANCE. THUS I HAVE THE RIGHT OF FREE SPEECH TO REPORT SUCH INCIDENT AND AS I NOTED BEFORE, I DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH TOYOTA FOR 15 YEARS NOW. I HOPE, 15+ YEARS LATER TOYOTA WILL STILL INVCESTIGATE THIS INCIDENT AND WILL FORMALLY APOLOGISE ME, AS THE LEAST.

I WAS A VISITOR AND I HAD NO IDEA OF PROCEDURES. IN MY COUNTRY WE HAVE DIFFERENT WAYS OF DEALING WITH SUCH INCIDENTS, BUT NOT IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY AS VISITOR. POLICE USUALLY WILL SIDE WITH THE GARAGE OWNER OR THE BUSINESS AND COMPLAINING TO THE COMPANY USUALLY END UP SINISTER. AFTER A FEW MONTHS A FRIEND OF MINE SUGGESTED TO SEND AN EMAIL TO TOYOTA HEADQUARTERS IN JAPAN OR USA. THAT IS WHAT I DID.

ALSO, WHILE STILL IN THE USA I WAS ADVISE I SHOULD HAVE REPORTED THE INCIDENT TO THE DEALERSHIP, BUT ALL I DID AS I WAS KIND AND ASKED THE MECHANIC TO FILL IN THE LIQUIDS WHICH HE DID. REGARDING STOLEN OR SWAPPED PARTS, I HAD NO PHOTO OF PREVIOUS ENGINE VIEW SO I HAD NO PROOF, BUT I KNEW THE PARTS WERE DEFINITELY SWAPPED SINCE I KNEW MY CAR'S ENGINE REAL WELL AS I USEDX TO WORK ON IT A LOT, BUT IN THIS CASE THE ENGINE HAD TO BE SPLIT AND I HAD NO EQUIPMENT TO DO THAT MYSELF.

Several things I don't understand...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

"STEVENSON TOYOTA Dangerous dealership garage lets customer leave with stolen auto parts and no fluids Jacksonville North Carolina"

How did you leave with NO fluids in the Transmission or Engine?

DID YOU ACTUALLY READ MY REPORT IN ITS ENTIRETY? APPARENTLY NOT. WHAT'S THE RUSH POSTING TWICE IN A HURRY WITHOUT READING MY ENTIRE REPORT? ARE YOU FROM THE PARTICULAR DEALERSHIP?

Also, what were the "stolen auto parts?"

I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO IDENTIFY PARTS EXACTLY AFTER 15+ YEARS, ONLY APPROXIMATELY, BUT EVEN IF I DID, I WOULD NOT, TO AN ANONYMOUS POSTER. THE FACT THAT THE BLACK GENTLEMAN (I AM NOT RACIST, JUST USE RACE TO IDENTIFY THE MECHANIC, JUST LIKE THE USA GOVERNMENT DOES AS WELL. IT IS LEGAL IN THE USA TO USE RACE TO ID PEOPLE - JUST FOR YOUR INFO) OWNED SAME SUPRA JUST 1 YEAR OLDER - 1988. THE FACT IS, IT DID HAPPEN, AND I WAS "STUPID" TO NOT REPORT IT TO THE DEALERSHIP, BUT I DID EMAIL TOYOTA HQ, - WHO IGNORED ME. AT THAT TIME I WAS GETTING AROUND US AND OTHER STATES AS TOURIST AND HAD NO TIME TO GET INTO LEGAL ISSUES AS I ONLY HAD A 2 WEEK VISA.

What are you leaving out of this?  There's definitely something wrong with this report.

NOTHING IS WRONG. I REPORTED EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED. ARE YOU FROM THE DEALERSHIP? YOU ARE NOT BEING NEUTRAL.

Confused..

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

First of all this happened 16 years ago. Also, why did you just out of the blue decide to check your fluids? Then the big question...why if you noticed your parts "stolen" didn't you call the police right then and there?

Several things I don't understand...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

How did you leave with NO fluids in the Transmission or Engine?  Also, what were the "stolen auto parts?"