Complaint Review: Stoeger Industries

• Reported By: Superfleet — York South Carolina United States of America
Stoeger Industries
901 Eighth Street Pocomoke, Maryland United States of America

Stoeger Industries Benelli USA Sold me a lemon pistol \ Pocomoke, Maryland

I bought a brand new Stoeger 8040 Cougar pistol for $440.00, less than a month later a gunsmith at the Cougar dealer I was working with looked at it because I was concerned that the barrel lug was taking a beating, and he told me it was unsafe. I knew it wasnt working like it was supposed to, the machining tolerances were off, and because of that the barrel lug was slamming into the slide. So, we sent it back to Stoeger. They sent it back to us with a letter stating that nothing was wrong. To make matters worse they did a crappy job of filing down the barrel lug, and then did a crappy jon bluing it with a bluing pen! The tolerances are way off now, and it's still not safe to shoot. I have a 450 dollar paperweight. DO NOT buy any guns from Stoeger/Benelli, do the research first and you will see that the shotguns they sell are crap, and pistols not much better. To see the whole saga of my trying to get my pistol fixed, and what a crappy job they did, complete with photos and documentation, go here:

Aaron
York, SC

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2012 05:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stoeger-Industries/Pocomoke-Maryland-21851/Stoeger-Industries-Benelli-USA-Sold-me-a-lemon-pistol-Pocomoke-Maryland-948541. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stoeger Industries