Complaint Review: Stohlman Automotive

• Updated: Thu, June 26, 2014

• Reported By: JAE — Virginia
Stohlman Automotive
8433 LEESBURG PIKE Vienna, Virginia USA

Stohlman Automotive Volkswagon Service Dept $330 to remove headlight cover haze - failed VA state inspection Vienna Virginia

I took my Passat in to the dealer I have been using for the state inspection and they failed me because of hazy headlight covers.

They wanted $330 to clean the covers and pass the car. The "haze" is a common ailment for VWs. In 12 years I have never been failed for that issue. Another garage replaced a headlight for me and cleaned the haze for free. I have purchased the inexpensive cleaner and cleaned them in the past myself.

I complained about the $330 charge and they offered to reduce it 15%. I then talked with a supervisor who offered the cleaning for $160, 50% less. Um, no. They have no guidelines for me on how clear they need to be.

As I left to do it myself I saw a newer Passat at Stohlman with hazier covers than mine that had passed inspection a few months ago. Is this a racquet or what??

$330 seems way too high for a few minutes labor. And this is not how you get return business in sales or repair.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2014 10:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stohlman-Automotive/Vienna-Virginia-22182/Stohlman-Automotive-Volkswagon-Service-Dept-330-to-remove-headlight-cover-haze-failed-1157673. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stohlman Automotive