Complaint Review: Stor-N-Lock

• Updated: Thu, May 02, 2013

• Reported By: Spreading the word — Sandy Utah
8620 South 300 West Sandy, Utah USA

Stor-N-Lock Thiefs and Scammers Sandy Utah

STAY FAR AWAY from Stor-N-Lock. I used this place for almost a year while I stayed with a friend while attending college. Being disabled due to a car accident and attending college leaves me struggling with finances, but I was never more than 15 days late because they constantly send you threating letters telling me they are going to seize my property. Thier late fee policy is posted in three spots in their office, and on two occasions I went in to pay a couple days before the late fee kicks in, and they charged me the $20 late fee anyway. When I pointed to the policy she quickly cut me off and said "thats just the way it is, pay it or we take your stuff." The second time this happened there was an elderly lady in the office with me that was being assessed the same late fee two day early. How the cleark cut me off and told me to deal with it tells me she has dealt with the situation many times before. $20 here and there makes me upset, but not enough to write this report just keep reading it gets better.

When it came time to move out I was compleatly paid up and had 2 days before rent was due. I was moving to Reno, NV because of school. I have family in Reno and they drove all the way  to Salt Lake with their trailor to help me move. Unfortunatly I was unable to fit everything and left behind a washer, dryer and mini fridge, but completly cleaned the unit except for these three things. I made arrangements for a friend to pick these things up and left that day for Reno. The next day,1 day before rent is due, my friend went to pick up the remaining stuff but they had deactivated my code. My friend went into the office and the clerk instantly started yelling at him (assuming it was me because he entered the code for my unit) "you need to be out by now" He explained the situation, but she refused to let him pick up the stuff. I assume they saw me moving and thought I was gone, but I still had paid for that day. Now they are trying to charge me for an entire month and a $100 cleaning fee. If there was any way this was my fault I would not be writing this. This place does anything they can to extort money from people and holds your property as ransom. Come on Stor-N-Lock is this really how you need to generate income?

Please do yourself a favor and stay far away from this place. If there is anybody who has experienced the same thing please email me for I am trying to build a small claims case against them and would appreciate any feedback. (((ROR redacted)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2013 09:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stor-N-Lock/Sandy-Utah-84070/Stor-N-Lock-Thiefs-and-Scammers-Sandy-Utah-1048107. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stor-N-Lock