Complaint Review: storesonline

• Submitted: Thu, February 03, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, February 11, 2005

• Reported By:Laurel Springs New Jersey
Internet U.S.A.

Storesonline, storesonline.com site changes ripoff Nickle and dime you for any changes made to your website Internet
Rip-Off Report Investigation: shows that StoresOnline & iMergent is fulfilling its commitment to provide excellent customer service. Rip-off Report gives StoresOnline a POSITIVE rating in customer support and quality assurance. StoresOnline pledges to resolve complaints and address any issues from the past, present and in the future - committed to 100% satisfaction - whatever it takes say company executives.

*Consumer Comment: I went to those seminars

When I joined SOL I was never told about all the hidden charges. SOL stated you have FULL access to your files TOTALY INCORRECT!!!! SOL does not allow you to have access to your HTML to make any changes and the reason is because they want to charge you $50.00 an hour to do something as simple as adding a banner to your site!

SOL is a total rip off. We should all group together and follow them when they give there seminars and stand out front and tell the people exactly what they will be getting. I am waiting for them to come to NJ, I will hand out flyers and reports from the BBB to all.

We should all send email to the company ..below is a response I got from sol about a change I wanted made..

this came from

RE: ticket #537388
Date: 2/1/2005 7:29:41 A.M. Pacific Standard Time
From: MGardner@storesonline.com
Reply To:

Please allow me to explain. Here in the changes department, we don't have access to anything that you dont have access to. That is, there's no 'secret window' that I can open up to make changes to your web site that you can't open. I understand the storebuilder
and web technologies a little better then most of our customer, because it's my job to know these things. Anyway, if you would like to make these changes yourself you do have access to the necessary files. Simply click on pages -> design -> then click on the 'customize' button. You will see a list of the HTML template files that are used to create your website. You can customize any of these files in any way you want, thus exercising control over your website. Our customer service department can further assist you by explaining which files perform which function. Customer service is available at 801 434 8582.
-----Original Message-----
From: SAFEKIDSHAVEN@aol.com [mailto:SAFEKIDSHAVEN@aol.com]
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 4:08 PM
To: Monte Gardner
Subject: Re: ticket #537388

You know

One thing stores on line should mention when they give seminars to get people to join SOL is the way they nickel and dime the customers.

Why would I have to pay $50.000 an hour when I am FULLY capable of doing the work

SOL would show me EXCACTLY where MY files are!!!! I paid over three thousand dollars for web site that I have NO control over!!!

I will make sure to be at the next seminar SOL gives and I will tell the people there what a rip off SOL is!!!

Laurel Springs, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2005 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/storesonline/internet/Storesonline-storesonlinecom-site-changes-ripoff-Nickle-and-dime-you-for-any-changes-mad-130010. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on storesonline

I went to those seminars

AUTHOR: Nancy - (U.S.A.)

I went to those seminars, to see what they are like Any time a seminar is FREE, you know that they are going to try to sell you some over priced package. I, of course, did not fall for it. And when they started telling people how much the web sights woudl cost, I wanted to yell out, that that is a ripp off, but I thought they might call the police.