Complaint Review: storesonline

• Submitted: Mon, March 25, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, March 31, 2013

• Reported By: dd29 — winter garden Florida
storesonline

storesonline Canceled with this company in '05, now they are making fraudulent charges for nonexistent domains six years later. Internet

Storesonline is infamous with the BBB and has been banned in a couple of states, yet apparently has gotten into bed with ripoffreport since all the complaints against them have been plastered over with a big red "They're working this out" sort of disclaimer.

My family fell prey to their deceptive tactics many years ago - sometime in '04 or '05 - it's a blur, to be honest; what I know is that we lost about $12,000 on their promises and finally, after several attempts, closed all our accounts. It took several calls and a lot of runaround to stop their monthly charges for web hosting we weren't using, but finally we appeared to be blessedly rid of them.

Fast forward SIX YEARS; I open my email to see that yesterday a paypal payment of about $40 was made to StoresOnline for domain hosting and renewal.

Needless to say I contested the charge in paypal, cancelled the "billing agreement" that I do not recall EVER authorizing, and will be further investigating the matter. If I discover that this charge has been happening every year and flying under my radar, I will be contacting my state attorney general.

Feels like Storesonline will be haunting me until my dying day. These people are as shady as they come. RUN from their seminars and never give them ANY information, as it is apparent they hang onto it indefinitely. If you are with them and cancel, demand proof of cancellation IN WRITING. Then stick it in a safe deposit box and keep it FOREVER.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2013 04:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/storesonline/internet/storesonline-Canceled-with-this-company-in-05-now-they-are-making-fraudulent-charges-fo-1037904. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on storesonline