Complaint Review: Storm Bradford

• Updated: Mon, March 17, 2014

• Reported By: Jeremy Paulson — New York New York
Storm Bradford
2460 Persian Drive #70 Clearwater, Florida USA

Storm Bradford, Bob Hurt... co-conspirators fraud, foreclosure, scam, dishonest Clearwater Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Bozo Whiner blatantly lied in this ripoff report

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Ooops. Looks like I hit a raw nerve on some pretender defender

Now that I see a lot of people have wasted $2,000 on this scammer, I want to let you know that he quoted me at $4,000 before hearing any facts of my foreclosure defense.

First, do not be discouraged about your foreclosure defense after talking to these people. THEY ARE NOT LAWYERS. THEY DO NOT KNOW THE LAW.  THEY CANNOT AND SHOULD NOT BE GIVING LEGAL ADVICE.

Second, they will try to sell you on NON-LEGAL foreclosure options, attempting to convince you that there is only one way to win a foreclosure case, "...by attacking the contract".

This is a predatory, vicious and disgusting practice where they attempt to profit by discouraging people with meritorious defenses to foreclosure claims.

Do not EVER give them any money.  I will be reporting Bob Hurt and Storm Bradford to the Florida and Washington D.C. bar associations.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2014 02:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Storm-Bradford/Clearwater-Florida-33763/Storm-Bradford-Bob-Hurt-co-conspirators-fraud-foreclosure-scam-dishonest-Clearwate-1131309. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Storm Bradford

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Bozo Whiner blatantly lied in this ripoff report

AUTHOR: Bob Hurt - ()

While I'm at rebutting, I might as well take issue with specific claims.  The whining author seems miffed that the mortgage examination costs money, and that neither Storm nor I would give much heed to his foreclosure defenses.  And in the headline, he used the defamatory and inflammatory terms in reference to us:  co-conspirators, fraud, scam, and dishonest.

However, the whining bozo did not express a single fact in support of any of those disparaging terms.

1.  co-conspirators - is that what you call friends who help people tirelessly, one of whom who helps them free of charge?  I think not.  We do collaborate to help people, but shouldn't friends do exactly that?  The REAL co-conspirators are the foreclosure pretense defense attorneys who hob-nob and swap cookie cutter pleadings to drag out the inevitable foreclosure.

2.  Fraud - that means we lie and decieve people with the expectation and result that they rely on our deception to their detriment.  WHOM have I ever deceived or injured through deception with regard to helping people in foreclosure?  What foreclosure or mortgage victim has ever relied upon my representations and suffered some detriment as a result?  NOBODY, that's who, including the author of the subject ripoff report.  The REAL frauds are the banks, mortgage brokers, appraisers, and title companies who cheated mortgagors, AND the foreclosure pretense defense attorneys who know this and still refuse to use it to save foreclosure victim houses.

3.  Scam - WHAT scam?  I say foreclosure defense of valid mortgage statistically ALWAYS FAILS.  Does anyone know of facts to refute that assertion?  NO.  Of course not.  I say single family home mortgagors should get their mortgages examined because lenders or lender agents have injured 80% to 90% of them through predatory lending, etc.  Isn't that common knowledge to anyone but a modern-day Rip Van Winkle?  Doesn't it make sense that a mortgagor cannot beat the bank without showing the court that the bank injured the mortgagor?  Where's the scam in pointing out this blatantly obvious reality?  The REAL scam is in the lending and servicing shenanigans that leave mortgagors dazed and confused, and the foreclosure pretense defense legal community that bilks clients of their hard earned money and leads them into the black hole of foreclosure, then abandons them in the dust or bilks them further for a loan mod.

4.  Dishonest - what did Storm or I say that was dishonest?  Nothing.  People call us for help, and we HELP THEM understand the general situation and specific need to PROVE the lender or agents injured them in order to win financial compensation or setoff from their mortgage debt.  The REAL dishonesty lies in the mortgage lenders and servicers operations that encourage mortgagors to breach notes, and the FORECLOSURE PRETENDER DEFENDER ATTORNEYS who take people's money for a foreclosure defense that must ultimately fail.  If they were honest, they'd tell the clients about the failing, futile foreclosure defense, but then they wouldn't have many clients, would they?

The BOZO author of the subject ripoff report claims he sees a lot of people wasted 2000 on "this scammer," but he has no specific knowledge of anyone who paid $2000, much less wasted it.  In fact, MFE raised prices because the company could not remain profitable at the original $1500 price because lawyers, for whom MFE originally intended the mortgage examination service, need little explanation about what to do with the examination report, but individual mortgagors need a monumental amount of nursing and handholding through the process of reading, understand, and using the report, and finding an attorney competent enough to use it to hammer out a negotiation with, or sue, the bank.

The BOZO also said that we do not know the law.  It seems apparent from the foreclosure records around the USA that foreclosure defense attorneys do not know the law either, or if they do, they certainly do not know litigation strategy, becasue they almost ALWAYS LOSE.  By contrast, people with mortgage examination reports that show causes of action can negotiate settlements.  I know enough of the principles of litigation and negotiation to realize that without proof that the lender or agents injured the borrower, the borrower who breached a valid note cannot defeat a foreclosure effort, but the lawyer for the borrower who can challenge the validity of the note by virtue of proving lender or agent miscreant, injurious behavior has a very good chance of winning money or offsets for the client mortgagor.  So apparently I know more RELEVANT law that ALL of the foreclosure pretender defernders rolled together.  No, I don't litigate.  Yes I tell people I'm not a lawyer, don't practice law, and don't give legal advice.  But that disclaimer does not make me an ignoramus.  I know a lot of law, having studied it selectively for 12 years, I know how to, and often do, look up statutes, code, rules, adn case law, and so I learn more law almost every day.  So the assertion that I don't know law is false.  Althought I don't agree that I should not give legal advice, I still don't give legal advice because the Supreme Court of my state has declared that as a component of practicing law, for which I do not have authorization.

The BOZO claims "they" (including me) will try to sell you "NON-LEGAL" foreclosure options.  First of all, I don't sell anything, but I do recommend that mortagors invest in a mortgage exam, an investigative tool for discovering avenues by which to sue those who injured them.  The mortgage exam report becomes the equivalent of "attorney work-product".  That makes it a very LEGAL tool for attorneys and makes the competent attorney LEGALLY VERY DANGEROUS to the lender and agents who injured the borrower.  But it also provides the mortgagor, WITHOUT THE ASSISTANCE OF AN EXPENSIVE ATTORNEY, with a tool whereby to NEGOTIATE SETTLEMENT with the lender or lender's agents or their errors-and-omissions insurance companies for injuries the borrower sustained as revealed in the mortgage examination report.  In other words, the exam report as an "EXTRA-LEGAL" benefit in negotiation because the adversary bank's lawyer KNOWS the borrower can take the proof to court and win compensatory and punitive damages by getting an attorney to sue the lender or agents.  The bank settles to avoid a messy public lawsuit like these:

These public and lender-embarrassing cases PROVE BEYOND A SHADOW OF DOUBT that an injured mortgagor can profit immensely by "attacking the contract."  Does ANYONE know of ANY foreclosure defense that EVER won damages awards like the above cases?  NO.  Even if the mortgagor managed to get to keep the house as a result of the foreclosure defense, the mortgagor would still have a colossal debt to pay and owe a mountain of attorney fees.

The overall contrasting scenario of foreclosure-defense / mortgage-attack methodologies proves one incontrovertible set of facts:

• Fight the foreclosure and LOSE;
  • Fight the mortgage and have a chance of WINNING BIG.

The BOZO author of the subject ripoff report is obviously a KOOL-AID drinker, Jonestown style.  He actually believes he will get somewhere with his "meritorious defenses to foreclosure claims."  Foreclosure pretender defenders always say something stupid like that, and then they LOSE THEIR CASES either through appeal or dismissal without prejudice followed by the plaintiff refiling the case and winning.  Exceptions exist, of course, but almost as rarely as chicken teeth.

The BOZO also warns the reader not to give us money, and threatens to report us to the bar.  What an idiot.  I have already said, repeatedly that I do whatever I do free of charge, without expectation of pay.  I have done this for years without charging anybody for services.  I don't expect that to change any time soon with or without the BOZO's admonitions.  As for Storm Bradford, maybe he should up his price to $5000 or more, since he will probably lose business because this idiot BOZO has whined and defamed him falsely.  As judge things, knowing the incredible depth of investigation Storm's company does in those mortgage examinations, his work has at least the worth of every penny he charges for them, and possibly far more.  I have already explained that a lawyer would charge $15,000 for equivalent work, IF the lawyer could actually do it.  The good ones will probably hire Storm's company to do it, as many have in the past, because NOBODY does a mortgage exam as thoroughly or comprehensibvely as Storm Bradford's Mortgage Fraud Examiners company does it (see testimonials at mortgagefraudexaminers.com and lawpartneroncall.com).

The subject ripoff report is itself a fraudulent, niggardly, cowardly, and baseless complaint that a whining lawyer or lawyer wannabe wrote.  I give it no heed, and you should ignore it as well.

Contact me through bobhurt.com.  Read my articles at lixe.org

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Ooops. Looks like I hit a raw nerve on some pretender defender

AUTHOR: Bob Hurt - ()

I am Bob Hurt, 70 years old at this writing.  I write to rebut the nonsense some delusional bozo, probably a foreclosure pretender defender attorney, wrote against me and Storm Bradford.

Let's set the record straight:

I am not an attorney and I don't give legal advice or practice law.  However, I do study law, read court cases, and write commentaries about related issues.  I also write about social, political, religious, and lifestyle issues.  I give people strategic guidance about many issues in their lives.  A lot of people (usually 2 or 3 a day) call me for help dealing with foreclosures.  They do this because of reading articles I have written.  I have posted many, both on my blog bobhurt.blogspot.com (catch all blog) and one of my web sites lixe.org (devoted exclusively to mortgage and foreclosure issues).  See my personal web site bobhurt.com. I also operate cancercure.ws, salestips.ws, and rainsoft.ws, all as free public services.  I retired as a computer industry entreneur and CEO in 2002 to pursue independent law studies.  I have conducted numerous seminars dealing with debt elimination and foreclosure.  I do not work for a living.  I do not have any contracts for fees, stipends, or employment with anyone.  Therefore, I DO NOT EVER RIP-OFF ANYONE.  As of today, I do not charge anyone any money for any services I provide.  And I don't hide.  Anybody can contact me through email or phone at my web site bobhurt.com

I am a friend of Storm Bradford's.  He has many friends in the legal profession. He has 35+ years in criminal defense litigation and over 7 years in mortgage examination.  He owns Lex Consulting, LLC.  Under its aegis he operates Mortgage Fraud Examiners (MFE) and Law Partner on Call.  Lex offers the litigation support services at lawpartneroncall.com.  It offers the mortgage examination services, a subset of litigation support, at mortgagefraudexaminers.com.

MFE, under Storm Bradford's leadership, provides the best, if not the only, comprehensive mortgage examination service of substantive value that I know of.  MFE's examination reports show causes of action that few if any foreclosure pretense defense attorneys have demonstrated the ability to detect.  Mortgagors use MFE's professional mortgage examination service and report to find reasons (causes of action) to sue lenders and lender agents for injuring them at the inception of the loan or in the process of servicing the loan.  MFE encourages clients to consult a QUALIFIED, COMPETENT ATTORNEY to pursue any putative causes of action, including contract breaches, legal errors, fraud, and other tortious conduct that the mortgage examination report reveals.

I share Storm Bradford's view that finding those causes of acition provides the ONLY RATIONAL BASIS for negotiating settlement with or SUING the lender and/or lender's agents for injuring the mortgagor. It provides the ONLY opportunity to win setoffs of the debt or compensatory and punitive damages or loan cram-downs for mortgagors, whether or not they face foreclsoure. I believe that all efforts to defend against the foreclosure of a valid mortgage note that the mortgagor breached must ultimately FAIL, and must result in the loss of the mortgaged property unless the borrower negotiates a new loan or obtains a forbearance agreement.  The articles I have written show numerous court opinions denouncing typical foreclosure defense arguments, including show me the note, bifurcated not and mortgage, securitization, robosigning, bad chain of assignment, and so on.  The plaintiff/bank virtually always corrects defects in the process, refiles or appeals, and WINS the mortgaged property, precisely as comtemplated in the mortgage loan documents.

I have also shown how mortgagors can WIN STELLAR DAMAGES for using the methodology Storm and I recommend so tirelessly:

Of course, I write considerably about these issues and the insipid waste of money mortgagors spend on foreclosure defense attorneys, whom I generally consider as charlatans deserving attack for legal malpractice.  These scurrilous lawyers know they make more money bilking clients thousands of dollar up front as a retainer and/or through monthly payments, knowing they cannot save the house from foreclosure, short sale, or hand-over to the bank.  They never bother comprehensively examining the mortgage, so they never find the underlying causes of action.  And thereby they engage in legal malpractice for around 80% to 90% of their clients.

I recently lambasted some of these attorneys in an article because I read the mortgage examination reports that proved they missed or ignored salient causes of action that could have, in the hands of a competent attorney, provided the leverage to WIN financial compensation for the client.  I believe one of those disgruntled attorneys whom I "outed" wrote the associated ripoff report.

Take note.  The REAL RIPOFFS are FORECLOSURE PRETENSE DEFENSE attorneys or pretender defender lawyers.  They almost universally cheat their clients by failing to examine the circumstances and documents associated with the bank's accusation that the client breached the contract.  In my opinion they are malpracticers of the worst order becasue they engage in this practice with every foreclosure victim client who retains them to save the house, and then who loses the house owing to the lawyer's negligence, laziness, and incompetence.

Furthermore, since few if any foreclosure pretense defense attorneys have the skill or knowledge to examine a mortgage properly, they don't provide that service except through fake loan auditors and securitization auditors (more ripoff artists).  But if they did provide the service, which takes upwards of 50 hours, they would charge 50 x $300 = $15,000 for the examination and the report.  That makes MFE's fee of $4,000 a BARGAIN BASEMENT PRICE, the best litigation support service price available anywhere.  The whiner who wrote the above ripoff report must feel terribly jealous that a) the whiner hasn't the competence to examine a mortgage, and b) that MFE gets the money for a valuable and decent service and the lawyer did not get the money for his/her ripoff foreclosure pretense defense.

By the way, Storm Bradford does not live in Florida OR have or use the address stipulated in this report.  Also, MFE has NO OBLIGATION to listen to a litany of foreclosure defense theories from a foreclosure victim who has NO CLUE what it takes to win a mortgage dispute against the bank.  I have demonstrated repletely in my articles that foreclosure defenses fail UNLESS they prove the borrower did not breach the note, OR the note lacked validity because of fraudulent inducement or other torts, breaches, or errors.

WHAT A COWARD the whining author of the above ripoff report is to blindside us with defamatory remarks - I, a man who gives service free, and Storm Bradford, whose company sells a service that few if any lawyers can perform competently.

After reading this, any mortgagor whom the lender has cheated and who reads this, should feel profound shame for giving money to a foreclosure pretense defense attorney without paying MFE for a mortgage examination beforehand.

And take note:  If YOU are a mortgagor who hired a foreclosure pretender defender lawyer to save your house from foreclosure, and then the court or trustee ordered the foreclosure sale or you got forced into a short sale, contact me right away.  I might help YOU find a competent attorney to SUE YOUR ATTORNEY FOR LEGAL MALPRACTICE.  Even if you have lost your house, a mortgage examination might prove valid causes of action that the pretense defense attorney neglected to use on your behalf.  If that negligence resulted in your losing the house that you would otherwise have kept, or caused you to lose money, then a court might find the lawyer committed legal malpractice.  You might get the lawyer's malpractice insurance to cover your loses related to the mortgage or foreclosure.  You will need to get your mortgage examined first, but you could end up the BIG WINNER if you take timely, correct action using a competent malpractice attorney.