Complaint Review: straight talk, inc

• Updated: Tue, January 22, 2013

• Reported By: jordan — seymour Missouri United States of America
straight talk, inc
9700 NW 112th Avenue Miami, Florida United States of America

straight talk, inc forced to get a new phone number Miami, Florida

i have been a straight talk customer for about 2 1/2 years and bought a new phone through them. i proceeded to transfer my number from my previous phone to my new one i tried using their website but it said my number was invalid. i wasn't very upset about this.

so i called the customer support to transfer my number when i told them my number they said before they could they need a account password. i was confused by this as i never made a account or was prompted to make one or given a password. i told them this and they just told me i needed a password and they said it was my mothers maiden name. i told them it but it wasn't right so i made sure they spelled it right and even told them every maiden name in my family. but nothing would work and i restated that i never made a account and again i was told that to transfer the number i needed to tell them the password i asked to talk to a manager.

so i was transferred to another person who asked my phone number and what i wanted to do. i told them i needed to transfer my number and they asked for a password again and i told them i never made a account and they said i had a account for that number and needed a password. i asked what i could do about that and they said give them the password or get a new number i again told them i had no account and asked if they could tell me a email or first name associated with the account but they could not without a password. i had to give in and get a new number on the new phone. the reason i needed to keep that number was that i recently put in multiple job applications with my previous number and i was fond of it as i had had that number for about 2 1/2 years and because of the new number i had to update my applications and am still trying to update a few

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2013 04:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/straight-talk-inc/Miami-Florida-33178/straight-talk-inc-forced-to-get-a-new-phone-number-Miami-Florida-1001443. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on straight talk, inc