Complaint Review: Straight Talk, Inc

• Updated: Wed, May 12, 2010

• Reported By: Emily — Gainesville Texas United States of America
Straight Talk, Inc
9700 112 Ave, Miami, FL 33178 Miami, Florida United States of America

Straight Talk, Inc Tracfone they changed my number, gave someone else my serial number, and phone number, I had a completely different security question and D.O.B. Miami, Florida

When I bought my new phone, I transferred my number from my old StraightTalk phone to my new phone that I bought for $125 about a month ago.

Now the phone listed on my account on StraightTalk is a different number.  StraightTalk apparently changed my number, and when I called StraightTalk thinking my phone was just deactivated, I found out that apparently my serial number that I could see in the phone, my phone, that I was holding in my hand, was not mine.  This apparently happened because I was fifteen minutes over the time I was supposed to refill my phone.

It had an entirely different security question and my date of my birth was no longer associated with my phone number, or my serial number that was also in my phone.  Another strange thing I noticed was that my old phone listed on the website, that had the random new number they changed it to was now active.

Does this mean that someone else is using my old phone which I still have?  This makes no sense at all.  I don't believe it's an ethical business practice to give someone's phone number away, or change it because you transferred your number to another phone, and didn't refill it two days before it expires.

StraightTalk will deactivate your phone if you don't refill it 24 hours before the day it's due.  Was it ethical about that?  They do this so they can make you pay more money.  I transferred my number, and now I'm out $125 because I was 15 minutes past time.  They shouldn't deactivate your phone every month.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2010 08:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Straight-Talk-Inc/Miami-Florida-33178/Straight-Talk-Inc-Tracfone-they-changed-my-number-gave-someone-else-my-serial-number-an-602833. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Straight Talk, Inc