Complaint Review: streamate

• Updated: Tue, November 27, 2012

• Reported By: disgruntled employee — las vegas Nevada United States of America
streamate

streamate Internet Nude Modeling Company , Internet

*UPDATE Employee: In response..

*UPDATE Employee: I agree

I believe that this company is ripping off their models left and right.  I say this because I work for them.  They take out, "get this", 80% of our pay!  That is rediculous.  They claim that it goes towards advertising and maintenance of their site.  Ya right, they can't even get that site to function right half the time.  Imlive, which is another internet nude modeling company, pays their girls well, and they have no issues with their site, although Imlive lets in too many guests chat for free who may very well be children, and the guests do nothing but badger the models.

Now I may not be aware of how long Imlive has been around, so maybe they are better known, or better at what they do; however, Imlive doesn't rip their girls off.  Streamate tells the girls that they should raise their prices to make a reasonable income, but most of the customers aren't willing to pay such a high price.   I have had it hard due to our economy, and I turned to these companies as a way to earn a real income, plus I'm disabled and not recieving disability.  I have come close to eviction twice because streamtes failed to provide me with substantial income.  I'm sure the owner is eating just fine.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2012 12:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/streamate/internet/streamate-Internet-Nude-Modeling-Company-Internet-917902. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on streamate

In response..

AUTHOR: shelby151 - ()

Stop complaining! You're not making enough to pay your bills because you are over charging and obviously don't have a good attitude! The guys who are willing to shell out the cash sure aren't willing to do it for someone who is overcharing and bitching about the "work" that they have to do. I have been working for streamate for only a few weeks now, and I have to say.. Leave your rates at 3.99$/min . I know you're looking at it like "I'm only making 1$ per min..UGH!" But, think of it this way, at 1$/min you are making 60$/hour. Try making that at a regular day job! Yes, streamate does keep 80%, but if you put in the time and effort necessary to do this type of work, then it's quite easy to make $500+ per month. So i'll say it again, PLEASE leave your prices at 3.99/min because you will get many more private chats that way and who can go wrong making 60$/hour to sit on their a*s and m********e for people? This is the best advice I can give you. If you lower your prices and still aren't getting good ratings.. make sure your light is good and please SMILE! If this doesn't work then you're just hopeless. This is a brainless job and anyone who can't make $500 or more a week should just give up entirely. It's EASY MONEY PEOPLE!

I agree

AUTHOR: Brandibelle05 - (United States of America)

I've been working for them for half a year now and most of the guys just complain about the prices they say we can charge, meanwhile if we charge less we only get $1! How are we supposed to live and lay our bills on 300$ maybe a week? Blah!