Complaint Review: streamray.com

• Submitted: Mon, July 16, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, July 16, 2012

• Reported By: elaine — las vegas Nevada United States of America
streamray.com

streamray.com spoke to roberto on phone after seeing a charge from them on my debit card. never visited their site called # 1 866 942 2084 on 7/16/2012 at 10:12 am he said he needed my credit card # to cancel th rip-off charged my debit card .never visited site in my life..did visit ubid.com and placed a bid for computer accessory(adapter)saw lots of webcams to bid on but did not bid on anything but the adapt Internet

I was checking my online banking and saw a charge from streamray.com for approx $40.00.  I use my debit card for bill paying only so I knew something was wrong.  I looked up streamray.com and there were two phone numbers for people who saw erroneous charges on their banking  logs to call.  I called and spoke to a man named roberto who would not give me his last name.  I told him I did not visit his website and I wanted to know how to go about getting the charges reversed.  He had an Indian accent and was very hard to understand.  He told me i had to give him my credit card # for him to reverse the charges.  I told him I was very reluctant to give it to him, but he said he could do nothing without the #.  I knew they had to have it to have charged me for nonexistent services already...so I gave it to him.  He told me the charges would be reversed and a ban would be put on that credit card number so it would not recieve any more charges.  I had been to ubid.com and bid on an adapter for my computer.  They had many web cams but i did not bid on any of them...i believe this is how they fished my computer.  i am furious..i am a disabled widow with only 700.00 a month to live on and these scumbags are trying to ruin me.  please help.  I contacted the holder of my debit card with the details of this scam.  i can't afford for these pigs to take any more money from me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2012 01:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/streamraycom/internet/streamraycom-spoke-to-roberto-on-phone-after-seeing-a-charge-from-them-on-my-debit-card-912852. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on streamray.com