Complaint Review: streetmachineclub

• Updated: Tue, May 31, 2011

• Reported By: Beamanager — greenwood Mississippi USA
streetmachineclub

streetmachineclub National Street Machine Club Membership Scam Internet

First you receivean exclusive invitation to join a club to test products and discuss restoring cars, hot rods and the like. You get a 30 day trial membership. Sounds great so far, no?

Then you get a $26 bill for a 2 year membership. You like the magazine, so you say what the heck...I'll join. The magazine keeps coming and you might even get a plastic worthless product to review. Not so bad, and some of the the articles were pretty good.

Then from nowhere you get a nice hardbound book about old muscle cars. Sounds kind of like TimeLife books, doesn't it? But you sign up for that - these just "arrive". I really liked the book, so I kept it, and I sent in the $35, I think it was....HUGE MISTAKE!

I got book after book - about every three weeks. I put return to sender on it and sent it back. This went on for months. Then my stepson opened one as it arrived before I got home from work. I sent it back just as I had the previous seemingly hundreds of stupid titles. This one was "paint your car", I think.

This happened in November, 2010. I have gotten several bills for the returned book, and now I have a threat to collection agency activity. All this for a stupid whim because I like old cars. I had this happen before with the North American Hunting Club - got 25 books and a collection threat.

I research the website, and WOW - they are all related - North American Hunting, Fishing, Street Machines - it's a global scam! They send you book after book and if you actually review one and then send it back without proof - you're snagged!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2011 05:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/streetmachineclub/internet/streetmachineclub-National-Street-Machine-Club-Membership-Scam-Internet-735266. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on streetmachineclub