Complaint Review: Strifler's Archery

• Updated: Wed, June 26, 2013

• Reported By: Larry — St. Augustine Florida
Strifler's Archery
7960 Gulf Road South Jacksonville, Florida USA

Strifler's Archery AKA John Strifler Dishonest, Ripoff, Scammer, Liar, Poor Workmanship Jacksonville Florida

Dishonest and a liar. Do not, I repeat, do not take your bow here for repairs.

I took my bow in to have the string replaced and he broke my bow and then lied about fixing it. He had my bow for 6 weeks and stated that he had sent it to PSE for repairs, but never did. I called PSE and they said they never received it and told me that my bow was at another shop.

I called the other shop ( Strike-Zone Fishing ) which is a credible shop where the archery department is ran by the former regional rep of PSE. He told me that John from Strifler's Archery stated that his bow fell out of the bow press and broke the limbs and cams and wanted it fixed. This was actually my bow.  John apparently used the wrong press, which caused my bow to break. Mistakes happen, and had John told me the truth I would have been understanding.

Two weeks after my bow was supposedly at PSE being fixed, I called John from Strifler's Archery for status and he started to give me the run around, with story after story. When I found out what had happened and confronted him about it, he made up even more lies.  Eventually, he told me to have the other shop bill him for the repairs.

After my bow was fixed, I called John to ask him to pay the bill. He wouldn't answer or return my calls, or the repair shop's calls, nor has he payed the bill. So, in order to get my bow back I had to pay the bill myself.  I'm still in the process of trying to get my money back for repairs, and I am in search of legal advice.

The shop that eventually fixed my bow can verify all information as stated above.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2013 07:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Striflers-Archery/Jacksonville-Florida-32224/Striflers-Archery-AKA-John-Strifler-Dishonest-Ripoff-Scammer-Liar-Poor-Workmanship-J-1062405. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Strifler's Archery