Complaint Review: Strike it Rich VIII Sweepstakes

• Updated: Sat, January 04, 2014

• Reported By: Leslie — Fultondale Alabama
Strike it Rich VIII Sweepstakes
1040 Sixth Avenue New York, New York USA

Strike it Rich VIII Sweepstakes E. Wright-Sponsor: National Magazine Exchange Total Fraud using Magazine trials, pushy employee RED ALERT #1 over phone- New York New York

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I worked for National Magazine Exchange-they ARE a SCAM!!!!

I received a sweepstakes letter on cheap paper, so I called already on high-alert. It's for Strike It Rich VIII Sweepstakes.

The phone operator was very pushy. She repeatedly asked me to pick out 3 magazines to get at a discounted price. After the 20th 'NO', she finally gave up.

Everything about this experience said 'Red Alert' to me, that's why I decided to check it out. I'm just glad I didn't give them any personal information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2014 04:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Strike-it-Rich-VIII-Sweepstakes/New-York-New-York-10018/Strike-it-Rich-VIII-Sweepstakes-E-Wright-Sponsor-National-Magazine-Exchange-Total-Fraud-1112962. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Strike it Rich VIII Sweepstakes

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I worked for National Magazine Exchange-they ARE a SCAM!!!!

AUTHOR: Mary - ()

First of all, sorry this happened to you.  I worked for National Magazine Exchange (NME) for 1 day and I just wanted to confirm that this place is a COMPLETE SCAM!!!  It made me sick of the tactics they use to trick people into giving them their debit and credit cards under the false guise of "receiving a good deal on a magazine".  They teach sales agents how you treat customers rudely and ignore them repeatedly saying "no" to their completely lie filled scripts.  Please a file a BBB complaint against NME so we can get this place shut down.  Most of the workers there are homeless and completely desperate and can't get jobs anywhere else so they have to resort to scamming customers.  The trainers teach sales agents there to "leave your morals and ethics at the door" when you work there.  It's sickening and I am a good person and couldn't scam people like that.