Complaint Review: Stroll , Pimsleur Approach , Internet Order LLC

• Updated: Tue, May 18, 2010

• Reported By: Michael Courtney — Marina Del Rey California USA
Stroll , Pimsleur Approach , Internet Order LLC
Philaddelphia, Pennsylvania United States of America

Stroll , Pimsleur Approach , Internet Order LLC sometimes they don't use their name SCAM!! They give you a "Free Trial" whether you asked for it or not ,a sneaky check box on the website, and then proceed to bill you for unwanted and horrible language CD's. Philaddelphia, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Pimsleur Approach - Had a great experience

*Consumer Comment: Had a great experience with Pimsleur Approach

Beware...Stroll will offer you a "free trial" after you think you have only spent $9.95.
You won't know you asked for it. You probably won't even want it...but it shows up at your door.

I wanted to return it, I never even opened it. I never asked for it.

The items I paid 9.95 for are of the worst language CD's I have ever heard so I know I would never want anything else from them and or Pimsleur.

It's strange to be forced to go to the post office. Within 30 days of an involuntary gift to return it?? If you don't go within a small window of time between when it is sent to you and the trial period is up ....

Then they start charging you.  I got a bill for $236.00!! for a product I never asked for, never wanted, and never opened.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2009 02:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stroll-Pimsleur-Approach-Internet-Order-LLC/Philaddelphia-Pennsylvania-19107/Stroll-Pimsleur-Approach-Internet-Order-LLC-sometimes-they-dont-use-their-name-SCAM-513957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stroll , Pimsleur Approach , Internet Order LLC

Pimsleur Approach - Had a great experience

AUTHOR: Sam Adams - ()

You mentioned in the above report that "I wanted to return it, I never even opened it. I never asked for it."

Then you said "The items I paid 9.95 for are of the worst language CD's I have ever heard"

which doesn't match up. I bought pimsleurapproach spanish. A good product. I continued until level 2. Then I called and cancelled because I got busy with other things.

It is a nice product. I had a nice customer service experience when I called in to cancel.

Had a great experience with Pimsleur Approach

AUTHOR: Vance - (United States of America)

I bought straight from Pimsleurapproach.com and had no problems.  Learned Polish very well and quickly.  Wanted to return it because I found a copy in my library and they even paid for my shipping.

Had no problem with refunds whatsoever.  Very friendly staff and helpful service.

I highly recommend them to anyone. :)