Complaint Review: Strom Jewelers

• Updated: Sun, August 11, 2013

• Reported By: JEM — Helena Alabama
Strom Jewelers
2000 Riverchase Galleria Ste 288 Birmingham, Alabama USA

Strom Jewelers Strom Stole money by not returning it and closing down the business Birmingham Alabama

*General Comment: Check

This owner of Strom Jewelry in the Galleria in Hoover, AL ended up taking my money month after month. I had a ring on layaway. I went to pay a few weeks back and the lady (employee) could not find my ring. When I asked her if they sold my ring.. she stated that if it was they could just reorder a new one. I mentioned to her that no 2 diamonds are alike. She told me that I'd have to meet with the owner.

When I went back to get my money back, the owner spoke to me in a disrespectful and demeaning way. I left to go and speak with my attorney. I continued to go by the store and to even call.. leaving messages for him. The owner finally called me back. I was told that I could have an in store credit. I continued going by the store and even calling to get with the owner on the in store credit however, he was never to be found. His employees even told me that they could not handle this and that I'd need to speak with him. [continued below]....

.....

I went back (again) about a week ago and the entire store was closed down for good! He took my money (and probably other customers as well) and had NO intentions of giving it back!

I'm VERY upset with how this has went down! I will not stop until I get my money back! I paid A LOT of money and in return I did not even get my product! This man will do jail time if I have any say in this. No one has the right to steal other people's money. I know I work WAY TOO HARD to have my money taken from me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2013 09:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Strom-Jewelers/Birmingham-Alabama-35244/Strom-Jewelers-Strom-Stole-money-by-not-returning-it-and-closing-down-the-business-Birmi-1074936. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Strom Jewelers

#1 General Comment

Check

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Check any paperwork that you would have recieved. Stepping into a lay away plan is a form of contract between you and the business. There should be some information about if the business closes and where you have to go to get a refund. If this has gone into bankruptcy then you will have to file against the bankruptcy itself and even then you will only get a small portion of your money back. You can try and hold out for the whole amount, but bankruptcy settles debts at a much lower rate. And your claim would just be another debt.