depth

Complaint Review: Subco Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, May 29, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, May 29, 2013

• Reported By: Dawn — Painesville Ohio
Subco Inc.
653 W. Fallbrook Ave. Fresno, California USA

Subco Inc. Forces Magazines upon you and then charges your account without authorization Fresno California

I was called by a representative of Subco Inc. about magazines not being delivered to clients.  She asked me about my 6 magazine subscriptions and I was dumbfounded. I never order these magazines nor received any of them.  She told me that I did and that I authorized it with a debit card.  I remebered something like this happening back in January and told her so but I aslo said I called the next day and canceled.

I was informed that they never received my cancelation and it was to late I had to go through with the subscriptions.  I was not going to go through with something I never authorized or paid for.  I was switched over to a supervisor who I told I would not pay for something I have not received and I would cancel my card from my financial institution so they could not charge me for something I was not getting in the first place.  She then informed me that I should do what I feel like doing and she would do the same and hung up on me.

2 weeks later I am receiving magazines I never ordered!  I contacted the magazine publishers and found that a third party had paid for a 48 month subscription in my name. $88.00 I told them I never authorized this and to cancel my subscription to this magazine. They said they will suspend the order and that I need to cancel with the third party.

I asked what the name and number was for the third party company, because they gave me a bogus name and number. The number they gave me was an information line to request a number to call. And the name they gave me was Reader's Services. Which I found out was another company that had delt with this company before using their name.  The name and number I got from the publisher I called was 1-800-258-3350 and the company name was Subco Inc.  I never heard of them until today.  This company is a total scam and I want them to leave me alone! You are not getting any money from me!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2013 05:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Subco-Inc/Fresno-California-93711/Subco-Inc-Forces-Magazines-upon-you-and-then-charges-your-account-without-authorization-1054825. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Subco Inc.