• Report: #219378

• Submitted: Mon, November 06, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, November 06, 2006

• Reported By:Portland Oregon
Submitnet
1001 SW 5 Ave Portland, Oregon U.S.A.

Submitnet Called building security when trying to get information on over charges ripoff Portland Oregon

Submitnet is a company promoted by YAHOO for getting your web page listed with search engines. I did not find them to be a great deal of help, but a couple of their tools were useful and the renewal fee was advertised and posted on my billing as $59. When I checked my business account I found that Submitnet, Inc had removed $424 from my account.

My first reaction was to call customer service. The phone was answered by Christopher; he quickly passed me on to a Jeffery who said he would check to see if I qualified for a credit to my account and would call me back. The call never came; so I drove to downtown Portland during their advertised business hours to find a locked and closed office on the 10th floor of an office building on the corner of SW 5th and Salmon. I called customer service and asked what their business hours were. Christopher said "9am to 5pm". I informed him that I was standing outside his office and would like to discuss the overbilling on my account. Christopher said that he would have someone come down to talk to me.

A few minutes later a security guard showed up and escorted me from the building. Future calls to Submitnet, Inc customer service were received by an unanswered phone going to voice mail. I left a message stating that I was heading for the bank to dispute the charges and would be filing a report with the Better Business Bureau and left my cell phone number if they wanted to discuss it.

Needless to say the call was not returned; I have reported the unauthorized charges to the bank and will be filing a dispute. I have also filed a complant with the Better Business Bureau. To prevent additional unauthorized charges I have been forced to cancel my debit card.

Conslusion: Submitnet, Inc is a rip-off company that false advertises and will charge your account for services with notice. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE.

What bothers me the most about this is that Submitnet, Inc is promoted by YAHOO! What does this say about YAHOO?

Dennis
Portland, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2006 07:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Submitnet/Portland-Oregon-97204/Submitnet-Called-building-security-when-trying-to-get-information-on-over-charges-ripoff-P-219378. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Submitnet