Complaint Review: Suburban Propane

• Updated: Mon, November 04, 2013

• Reported By: nkandjojos — Cape May Court House New Jersey
Suburban Propane
240 New Jersey 10 Whippany, New Jersey USA

Suburban Propane heartless - cut my propane off after being behind 1 months payment - would not work with me at all Whippany New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: ok

The propane company I had for years got bought out by this company.  I have never dealt with people that were not only completely unorganized, but continually put the blame on their customers.  They do not beleive the motto that the customer is always right.  Ran out of gas in the summer and had to wait  for 2 weeks for them to fill the tank.  They had never written the message down the first time I called to tell them and they told me that I had not told them my tank was empty that I had only called to update my contact info.  So I had to wait another week.  Now the winter arrives and I had called them when I received my bill to tell them that I was waiting on a check to arrive and to bear with me and I would be paying the bill. I kept in touch to let them know that I was still waiting on the check and as soon as I had it I would send it.  Each time I called they acted as if they had no clue what I was talking about, like that was the first time they heard that.  They also told me I had not paid my bill for 8 months, which was not true, I had a $0 balance the entire 8 months.  Next thing you know they show up and shut  my propane tank off.  I called to tell them that I have a 3 year old and it is supposed to be 40 degrees tonight!  They literally could have cared less.  Obviously they only care about money.  I would not sign my worst enemy up with this company!  What goes around comes around so I know that they will end up getting what they dish out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2013 07:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suburban-Propane-/Whippany-New-Jersey-07981/Suburban-Propane-heartless-cut-my-propane-off-after-being-behind-1-months-payment-w-1096953. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suburban Propane

ok

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

Did they shut the valve off at your tank or did they take the propane in your tank out?? Usually (I used to work for a propane company) they just let the propane run out and then want payment before they fill your tank. What size tank is this?

It is up to you to check your tank to see how low the pressure is to ensure you need a fill.  Once if gets below 20% you need a fill.  If is gets below you can smell the propane throughout the home.  Therefore, if the tank is empty a proper tank check is needed.

Did you sign up for monthly fill?? Best thing to do so your tank is never empty.  Sorry but this is a business not a charity organization and seems they run it like a business.  If you need help with your bills contact your local Health and Human services office or Community Action center to for payment assistance.