Complaint Review: Suburban Propane

• Updated: Wed, November 27, 2013

• Reported By: Angelica — Bangor Pennsylvania
Suburban Propane
Nazareth PA Nazareth, Pennsylvania USA

Suburban Propane Unethical and Terrible Business Practices Nazareth Pennsylvania

Suburban Propane took over for Knowles Gas within the last year.  I had Knowles and had NO problems with them for 4 years.  Suburban took over and without notice raised rates to almost $2 over the going market rate.  They came and filled my tank for $4.04 when everyone else is paying about $2.60 give or take.  What a way to rip off and displease new customers.  I had a problem with my propane fireplace which is my main source of heat.  I was willing to pay for a service man and however I was told that they would not be able to get to my house for 2-3 MONTHS.  I have children living in the house.  They didn't care.  So I found a better company to switch to and was told that they would get their tanks off my property and reimburse within 4-5 days (2-3 to pick up and 2-3 to process my refund).  Wouldn't you know that they also charge a RESTOCK fee to give the over priced gas back to them.  A restock fee.... For Gas.  Understandable but at $1.00 a gallon it is excessive.  This company does not deserve to be in business.  They are unethical and have a generally inability to be honest.  BEWARE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2013 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suburban-Propane/Nazareth-Pennsylvania-18064/Suburban-Propane-Unethical-and-Terrible-Business-Practices-Nazareth-Pennsylvania-1102623. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suburban Propane