Complaint Review: Subway Restaurants

• Updated: Mon, October 08, 2012

• Reported By: Faneendra — Pennsylvania USA
Subway Restaurants
Milford, Connecticut United States of America

Subway Restaurants Marked my Frnachise out of compliance and robbed me in the amount of $22000. Milford, Connecticut

*Consumer Comment: Everything this gentleman has said is true...

*Consumer Comment: I like Subway.

*Consumer Comment: I wonder

My subway franchise was marked out of compliance with out any reason. I was objecting the DA's office to set upanother restuarant close to mine. Actually he was trying to set up his own restaurant close to mine. Because of this, he kept on insisting those good for nothing field consultants to mark my restaurant out of compliance. This happenend for quite sometime and finally I got the notice from the corporate telling me that my franchise agreement has been terminated. I was told to attend a totally biased arbitration that was held in Milford. They didn't even consider any of the comments I made. It was totally towards subway. So finally they gave the award in favor of Subway. After that I charged all the legal fees and other unrelated fees in the tune of $25,000. So beware of this franchise. You never make any money from Subway franchisee. The corporate makes a lot of money from your efforts. There are a lot of dissatisfied franchisees out there, who are completely stuck with this stinking business. Stay away from them. And to all the Subway lovers out there, the food you are eating is never fresh as they claim. They come in frozen packed packets and a lot of them are never fresh.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2011 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Subway-Restaurants/Milford-Connecticut-/Subway-Restaurants-Marked-my-Frnachise-out-of-compliance-and-robbed-me-in-the-amount-of--678141. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Subway Restaurants

Everything this gentleman has said is true...

AUTHOR: Wil - (United States of America)

How do I know???

THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME.  If you cross the DA you will loose your investment. I not only crossed the POS, I told him what I thought of him and Subway....I sold that garbage store but I wish I had torn it down so they would loose their fees and nobody would rebuild.  They are impossible to do business with. STAY CLEAR!!

I like Subway.

AUTHOR: Inspector - (USA)

You stated the DA was trying to open "another restaurant close to mine" but you didn't say how close. Was this restaurant also a Subway? If so, then provisions are made by the franchise to prevent them from being a threat to each other.

Surveys are conducted to gather information on population and revenue in the area and borders are defined.

Did you lose $22,000. or $25,000

You said "there are a lot of dissatisfied franchisees out there, who are stuck with this stinking business" why on earth would you try to hurt them by telling people to "stay away from them"

You appear vindictive and spiteful, you slam the franchise for the word "fresh" when most people know that the word fresh is often mis-represented (most canned products are madewith the freshest of ingredients). You are also greedy, inso far as you are not willing to share the profit potential in your area. Competition is healthy, it lowers prices and prevents monoplies. As far as fast food goes,subway is some vestage of hope amoung all the fat producing franchises.

I wonder

AUTHOR: musgun - (United States of America)

I wonder if you would be making the comments about the quality of the food if you were still running a Subway branch.