Complaint Review: Subway Store # 46000

• Submitted: Thu, February 16, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, February 16, 2012

• Reported By: Cdawgx1 — Reno Nevada United States of America
Subway Store # 46000
1145 N McCarran Blvd Unit 113 Gleeson Shopping Cen Sparks, Nevada United States of America
  • Phone: 775-358-6000
  • Web:
  • Category: Deli's

Subway Store # 46000 2 weeks work without pay, Unprofessional, Unclean, Fire without reason or cause, Descrimination Sparks, Nevada

*Author of original report: Update

*Author of original report: So I got a call from the owner

*Consumer Comment: One more question....

*Consumer Comment: There are a few "problems" with your report...

I was employed at the said Subway. I worked there for two weeks. I was talked down to in front of customers, not payed, asked to work on days off, was discriminated against after my boyfriend brought me in flowers on Valentines Day, He told me to "go home". I asked to receive my check and was told "Sorry your manager didn't turn in your paperwork (I9-W9) so you will not be receiving your check for another week.

I refused to just sit back and be treated like that. So this morning when I had called the main owner to ask about my money of course no answer so I left a msg. to be called back and my concern. Then a few hours later I got a text msg. from my (manager) and it said "come in tomorrow after three bring your uniform and your check will be here." So then I asked "what does that mean" and he said "your fired."

I had done nothing wrong to deserve that. He gave me no reason or anything. [continued below]....
..... Within the two weeks I have worked there I have been told by my (manager) that he has "made two grown men cry, and quit." I have seen some unclean and unsafe practices as well. They write down fake temps into the logs, bread being used for more than a whole day, fake dates being written on prepped food, and I had to bring in soap and hand sanitizer myself. My (manager) doesn't do his orders so we run out of bread, apples, etc. He never called me by my name, he called me "fool" or snapped his fingers. I have seen customers being over charged & if they have a problem they are told to "leave the store."

The owner is constantly changing the name of the store to avoid tax's. All employee's were asked to change to Bank of America for some unknown and odd reason & the one's that didn't were fired. I have been told by customers that they have smelt pot outside the back of the store (where there is a Baskin Robbins drive-thru). I am going in tomorrow to turn in my uniform and get my pay check. I saved all my txt msg's, as well as my clock out papers. I also have pictures of my (schedules) if you can call it a schedule (just a ripped piece of paper with names and times on it). I feel very wronged in this situation and want some answers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2012 05:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Subway-Store-46000/Sparks-Nevada-89431/Subway-Store-46000-2-weeks-work-without-pay-Unprofessional-Unclean-Fire-without-reas-840486. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Subway Store # 46000

Update

AUTHOR: Cdawgx1 - (United States of America)

So i finally received my check today (3 days late). Not to my surprise, it was short. Which im ok with because I have all my time sheets and am now going to file a formal report with department of labor. When i went in i was asked for my i.d and social so they could have it on file. I was treated very rudely as I expected. So Im doing this the right way, and taking it to who matters. I hope this will keep them from treating others the same way. May it be a lesson learned. Walk tall & stand your ground.

So I got a call from the owner

AUTHOR: Cdawgx1 - (United States of America)

I was told to "come in tomorrow to receive my check, and when I asked about what was wrong I was told "I don't know, Just come in to the downtown store and get your check." This is of course after I had filed a few reports & unlike the others that were fired, I stood up to them. As far as anyone's comments go, When I say "fake dates" I mean untrue dates, if they forget to write the date properly they will just guess and write any date down. I will update on what happens tomorrow.

One more question....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

"Subway Store # 46000 2 weeks work without pay"
How did you come to this conclusion?  You haven't even gone in for your check yet?

Exaggerate much?

There are a few "problems" with your report...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

"The owner is constantly changing the name of the store to avoid tax's. "
How, exactly does he do that"  Does he change it to something similar, like Sawbuy, or maybe Waybus?
How would this let him avoid paying taxes?  Also, how did you come to know this?

"Fake temps" and "Fake Dates".  Have you reported this to your states food inspection dep't.?

"I have been told by customers that they have smelt pot outside the back of the store  .."
What's a "smelt" pot?  Has anyone else seen/smelled it?

BTW, you worked there two weeks and don't have to give you a reason you were fired. If I were guessing, I would guess it's because you called the owner and caused the manager to get a call...not cool.