Complaint Review: SUBWAY

• Submitted: Sat, February 16, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, February 16, 2013

• Reported By: Discriminated Against/ Refused to H — Albany California United States of America
SUBWAY
13501 San Pablo Ave. San Pablo, California United States of America

SUBWAY Discriminated Against Me And My Family/ Refused To Honor Promotion/ Was Very Rude San Pablo, California

*Consumer Comment: Question

On February 15th, between 1-2 pm, my daughter and I entered the Subway location 13501 San Pablo Ave. San Pablo, Ca. 94806 to purchase sandwiches for our trip to Stinson Beach. We were approached by a female employee who proceeded to take our order. She was friendly until she found out we wanted to use a promotion coupon for Subway's buy-one-get-one-free deal, valid only in the following counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Barbara, Solano, and Sonoma (Mkt #006) With an expiration date of 2-15-13.

Server # (1) inquired to a second female employee in Spanish regarding our coupon. Server # (2) subsequently implied the coupon expires 2-15-13 which allows us to continue with the order/purchase. Both servers began to argue back-n-forth in Spanish about the situation infront of my daughter, other customers, and myself. [continued below]....
..... Server # (1) chose to stop the conversation, turn to my daughter and I to state, "You can not use this, it expired today" My daughter who is 22 and works in the service sector explained that the date allows a patron to receive the promotion on the date of expiration, and not after.

Server # (2) instructed server # (1) to continue making the sandwiches. Then, a tall Middle Eastern male manager approached the counter from the inside and gave my daughter and I an aggressive scowl.  He then told us we could not use the coupon because it expired today. Yet, again, my daughter began to plead with the male manager that the coupon allows patrons to redeem promotions through the date of expiration, and not after. He proceeded to tell us, "NO! you can not use that here!" in a very harsh tone while scowling at us. My daughter and I asked, "why not?" He said, "because (YOU) CAN'T!". Other patrons in the establishment began to stop and stare at us as the manager continued scolding us as if we were criminals, all because we wanted to use the subway flier/ coupon placed in our mailbox for our trip to the beach. After being talked to in a condescending manner and discriminated against, my daughter and I calmly walked out of the establishment. We drove 2.5 miles down to another Subway located on Solano and San Pablo where our coupon was honored. We explained our situation and the workers were shocked by the news. The servers reassured us that we were correct about the coupon and happily made our sandwiches.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2013 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SUBWAY/San-Pablo-California-94806/SUBWAY-Discriminated-Against-Me-And-My-Family-Refused-To-Honor-Promotion-Was-Very-Rude-1015410. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SUBWAY

Question

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Where is the discrimination?