Complaint Review: Success Tax Relief

• Reported By: JenniferD — Santa Fe New Mexico
Success Tax Relief
1001 W H St La Porte, Texas USA

Success Tax Relief Tax relief La Porte Texas

*Author of original report: Sadly enough

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: It's unfortunate that legitimate companies get slandered because of irresponsible people

STR solicited me for a period of months, and when a levy was placed on my income, I decided to hire them.  They said they would get the levy released, and were suggesting an Offer in Compromise for my debt.  Sixty days went by and the levy was still in place.  I had to race to the IRS office and the last minute before Christmas to get the levy released myself.  I have the paperwork to prove this is so.  The IRS officer at that time told me this company was a scam.  But STR  said they were 99% sure they could get an Offer in Compromise accepted for me.

For a period of months they assured me that it would be accepted.  I have since learned that only 25% of OIC's are accepted and mine would never had been due to my age, and earning projections.  I believe that STR misrepresented the expected outcome.  When it was rejected, they did not seem surprised, but they did switch my representative.  A woman, who asked me the exact same questions as the previous rep., and who in the course of 20 minutes decided I wouldn't be available for a successful OIC.

Why did it take this woman 20 minutes to decide this, when it took the previous rep months to come to the opposite (and incorrect) conclusion?  Everyone in the company was telling me the OIC would be accepted.  Instead, this new woman suggested a payment plan identical to the plan the IRS had outlined.  Why did I need to waste 12 months and $2,500.00 to come to the exact conclusion?

This company knew I was in recovery, I feel that they took advantage of my weakened state to confuse me in a matter I was already lost on.  It pains me to think what they may be doing to peoples in worse conditions than mine, the elderly or impaired.  People who are in debt already, and who are looking for assistance.  The worst kind of scammers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2014 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Success-Tax-Relief/La-Porte-Texas-77571/Success-Tax-Relief-Tax-relief-La-Porte-Texas-1118106. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Success Tax Relief

Sadly enough

AUTHOR: JenniferDear - ()

Success Tax Relief did not seem surprised by my dissatisfaction with their services.  Instead they have decided to take me to court for defamation of character.  I am attaching the letter below so that you may see what Success Tax Relief does with dissatified customers.

I did let them know verbally that I was unhappy.  I will be contacting the FTC and the IRS to let them know about this companys bad business practices.  It is sad that a person would trust this company to make the right decisions, and then not only be more in debt, but also facing legal action.

Ms. Jennifer Thomas, we have received a complaint filed against our company as well as a rip off report complaint that you’ve decided to pursue. We have in no way misled you nor have we not exhausted every attempt to resolve your situation. Since you DID NOT express to our company your dissatisfaction with the results and have chosen the route you’ve taken we’ve decided to address this issue from a legal perspective. Our attorney has been notified to file a claim against you for defamation of character on our business.

We did the job you hired  us to do and since the results were not favorable to you then you’ve chosen to slander our company’s reputation with false claims. We have signed documents, recorded phone calls, IRS agent’s we’ve been working with on your particular situation all being prepared on our behalf for the claim we are going to file against you. We will be meeting later this evening with our board members to decide how much damage you’ve done to our company and future damage that will be done because of what you’ve done to us.

Once it’s been determined how much that is then we will pursue you for the monetary funds to cover that cost. Also according to your agreement with us the court proceedings will be held here in Texas, should you decide not to show for whatever reason then the judge will automatically rule in our favor. At that point we will file a lien against your credit, any and all real property to secure the funds necessary until we are paid for the damage you’ve done. Should you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me or our attorney at 832-778-4800.

Dominic Sample

Vice President

Office: 877-825-1179

Direct:  832-312-8198

Fax: 832-730-4688

www.successtaxrelief.com

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Vice President - ()

It's unfortunate that we have a freedom of speech online website that will allow consumers to make false claims against our company with malicious intent to destroy our reputation. The claim that's been made against us is absolutely not true and we have taken precautionary measures to prevent defamation of character against us. We will not be addressing any particular complaint due to the fact that people will file complaints to destroy the integrity of any company when they don't want to be responsible and pay their taxes.