Complaint Review: Suddenlink Communications

• Submitted: Tue, January 12, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, January 21, 2010

• Reported By: Michelle — Winnsboro Texas U.S.A.
Suddenlink Communications
Various States Tyler, Texas United States of America

Suddenlink Communications Customer NonService, Dishonest, Poor Billing, Overpriced Tyler, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: May I Help You?

*UPDATE Employee: May I help you?

I became a Suddenlink customer in September 2008. I had trouble from the very start. The installation fee that was supposed to be waived was not. When I called, they said I had been given false information. For the next couple of months, I had to call to have my bill straightened out because of billing errors.

I also had Vonage phone service at the time. About the time I got the billing errors straightened out, my service reliability went in the toilet. I personally think they didn't like that I was using Vonage on their internet since they also offer phone, but I couldn't prove it. It took many phone calls and about a month of no reliable service (internet or phone) to get things straightened out.

In about March of 2009, I called to see if they would offer me any kind of discount on my service (a la carte is about 60 a month including taxes). I was locked in to the promotional rate (38.53) for 12 months. Nice!

A couple of months ago, I decided (stupidly) I would change phone service to Suddenlink to save about 10 bucks a month. They DO tell you voicemail and caller ID are available. They DON'T tell you that you'll have to pay if you want more than a dial tone. I kept the service less than a month and had them come get the phone modem and put me back to just internet.

The bill following the phone service disconnect was a little higher than normal, but I assumed it was a partial month of phone service. However, this month's bill was back to 60 dollars, and I had been charged full rate for the internet, even though I technically still had 2 months on my promotional rate. When I called customer service I was told that I couldn't get the promotional rate unless my service was bundled with something else. I told the lady I'd had the promotional rate with internet only for nearly the past year. There was much arguing back and forth, and she wouldn't relent that I had indeed had the promotional rate. After being connected with a supervisor (that I had to ask for 3 times), I found out I should have never been on the promotional rate. And even though they could see in the account notes that I had been offered the rate for 12 months, they wouldn't switch me back.

I will not be a Suddenlink customer as of the 22nd of this month. I wanted to leave it on long enough to make arrangements with another provider, and post this. :)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2010 07:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suddenlink-Communications/Tyler-Texas-/Suddenlink-Communications-Customer-NonService-Dishonest-Poor-Billing-Overpriced-Tyler-552971. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suddenlink Communications

May I Help You?

AUTHOR: Suddenlink Help - (United States of America)

I am sorry to hear about your experience.  I would love to try and resolve any issue you may have or have had.  We value your business and would appreciate the opptorutnity to resolve your issues.  Please feel free to contact me at tina-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com for assistance.  Thank you!

May I help you?

AUTHOR: Suddenlink Help - (United States of America)

Good Morning,

My name is Tina, and I am with Suddenlink.  I read your report regarding the experience you have had regarding your phone and internet service.  I would like to help get this straightened out and help find you a competetive rate for your interent service.  Please feel free to contact me at tina-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com.  Thank you!