Complaint Review: Suddenlink

• Updated: Fri, January 24, 2014

• Reported By: cmlvngstn — Flagstaff Arizona
Suddenlink
P.O. BOX 660365 DALLAS, Texas USA

Suddenlink Poorly-run company with NO customer service or communication DALLAS Texas

*Author of original report: Suddenlink Settles

*Author of original report: No response and no communication

*UPDATE Employee: Re: Billing Problems at Vacation Home

We became unwilling custoemrs of Suddenlink when this wretched company bought out the wonderful cable service we had for years at our second home. We new we were losing our old company but we had no clue how horrid this new company was. Since we are only at the second home a few weekends each year and some holidays, the former company allowed us to suspend our service with no reconnect fees or interuptions. Not so with Suddenlink. They let us know that they expected 12 months of payment and, oh yes, "we charge more each month". I signed up for online billing and each month had to reenter my checking routing and account numbers ach time I made a payment. The website made it very difficult to view the statements and we were not able to view past statements. Each month I made the obligatory payment to Suddenlink.

Our first weekend to our home we went to turn on the television. No service. I called Suddenlink and they let me know that we were required to come to their office to pick up "equipment". I let them know I'd be right there. Oh, no, I can only pick up their equipment M-F during their hours, cut and dry, no other options. I let them know that we were never there on weekdays. No sympathy. So we canceled an entire day and stood in line for an hour at their office on a Friday to obtain thier "equipment".

As I mentioned before, I made our monthly obligatory payment, reentering my check routing number and account number each time. Not as easy as most online payments.

Today we discovered that our service was cut with no explanation. I called the office, put on hold of course, and found out that we owed nearly $400!!! I asked how that could happen and the robotic operartor let me know that a couple of times the check or routing number had been incorrectly entered. Well, why didn't someone let me know?!! "Oh, we don't do that". WHAT? You do not let a customer know that there was an issue with their payment? "No". No emails? "No, we do not email our customers". Well, I could not look at my past statements online becasue the company does not permit that. So, our service is cut, I cannot look to see why or what happened, and the robo-operator could care less. She did, however, let me know that the balance was due now if we wished to continue service AND we would be required to pay a hefty "reconnect" fee. Also, if I opted not to reconnect, I must pay at once and return the equipment in 30 days or they will send a collection company after me. But I still cannot view my past statements to see what is going on.

I pay my bills regularly. I am never late. And if it is found that I do actually owe them this outrageous amount of money (I can't knwo because I cannot see statements) I will pay it. This company has a screwy website for payments. I do not wish to NOT pay my bill, but I would like to at least view my past statements to see what the heck is going on. Since this company did not even bother to alert me that there was a payment issue until AFTER they disconnected, I should be able to have the service reconnected without a fee. I shoudl also have an ample time to look over my statement and repay what is due. Should the company opt to NOT permit me to reconnect and make apyments without penalty, they should give me the time to arrange my schedule to go there to retrieve the equipment and return it.

This busines is wretched and I would RUN not walk if they solicit your business. They are incredibly dishonest and incompetent.

I have discovered that there are hundreds upon hundreds of complaints filed against Suddenlink. My hope is that they clean up their website and their customer service and behave like a company that really wants to be in business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2014 05:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suddenlink/DALLAS-Texas-75266-0365/Suddenlink-Poorly-run-company-with-NO-customer-service-or-communication-DALLAS-Texas-1118284. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suddenlink

Suddenlink Settles

AUTHOR: cmlvngstn - ()

Suddenlink refunded the miscahrges they made to my account as well as the erroneous charges.

No response and no communication

AUTHOR: cmlvngstn - ()

Well, Suddenlink managed to scam me again...and again! I never received any sort of response so I returned my equipment to wash my hands of Suddenlink. The employee who accepted the three devices (I had three TVs) told me that I had a FOURTH device! There would have been absolutely no reason for me to have had a fourth device. I asked her is possibly when I received the devices that I was issued a fourth device that I never received (I carefully kept the device boxes, paperwork and bag in a closet). Nope, she stated. Suddenlink employees do not make mistakes. Only customers do. Well, I do not have and never, ever had a fourth device so I don't know how Suddenlink expects me to produce one. I am awaiting the other shoe to drop and for them to now attempt to charge me some exorbidant price to replace the device I never received.

I then received a rebuttal from Suddenlink on my Ripoff Report dated February 21. This was scam number 2. "Ashley" asked me to respond to her privately to her email address. Like a fool, I did. It has now been two weeks and no response and nothing has been corrected. I realize now that this was just a way to prevent me from complaining publically and moving me off the public site. Fool me twice shame on me.

Re: Billing Problems at Vacation Home

AUTHOR: Suddenlink Help - ()

Hello - Ashley from Suddenlink here.  I responded to a post you made on a different website, but I wanted to reach out and offer my assistance here as well.  Please feel free to contact me directly at ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com.  Thank you!