Complaint Review: Suddenlink

Suddenlink
930 Fort Sill Blvd Fort Sill, Oklahoma USA

Suddenlink Speeds Well Below Advertised Fort Sill Oklahoma

*UPDATE Employee: Suddenlink Help

I recently moved from Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA to Fort Sill, OK.  When I arrived I started shopping around for internet.  The only company I could find on Fort Sill was Suddenlink.  They advertised 10 Mbps speeds which were slow to what I am used to but better than nothing.

I scheduled hook up and they came and set me up.  They charged me for the first month's bill at the installation.  They also installed a wireless router/modem combo.  This caused all sorts of problems.  When I hooked up wirelessly the speed was 1Mbps or less.  When I connected direcly to the modem speeds were up around 7Mbps, but still below advertised.

I had them replace the modem with a standard cable modem and I hooked it up to a wireless router of my own.  Speeds were decent for a few weeks.  Now I find it rare to reach speeds above 3 Mbps.

The house I live in is brand new, as in I am the first person to live in it, in a brand new neighborhood on post. [continued below]....

.....  All of the lines are new even.  I understand that multiple users can clog cable internet, but if the absolute max is 10Mbps and you put 200 people on it in a small area, you have to account for that when you advertise speeds.

I have someone coming out for service on tuesday to see if they can fix it but I have little hope.  If they can't fix it I will be reporting them to Fort Sill so we can hopefully get a good internet provider on post instead of suddenlink.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2013 05:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suddenlink/Fort-Sill-Oklahoma-73503/Suddenlink-Speeds-Well-Below-Advertised-Fort-Sill-Oklahoma-1091347. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suddenlink

Suddenlink Help

AUTHOR: Suddenlink Help - ()

Hi Sean - I'm really sorry to hear that your experience with us has bene less than exceptional.  I would like to work with Management in your area to investigate this further.  Please email me with your account information at ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com.  Thank you.