Complaint Review: Sullivan Tire

• Updated: Wed, June 15, 2011

• Reported By: Crissy30 — Windham Maine United States of America
Sullivan Tire
22 Saco Street Westbrook, Maine United States of America

Sullivan Tire They put an inspection sticker on a vehicle that should not have been stickered Westbrook, Maine

*Author of original report: Sullivan Tire, Westbrook Maine

*Consumer Comment: Wow!

*UPDATE Employee: Message from Sullivan Tire

*UPDATE Employee: Sullivan Tire

I just bought a 1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer with 104k miles on it.  The truck is in great shape cosmetically and seemed to run strong.

After getting it home and taking it for a longer test drive, I found that it pulls to the left.  The seller had the truck inspected, aligned and put four new tires on it in May at a Sullivan Tire location in Biddeford, Maine.  I took the truck today to the Sullivan location in Westbrook, as it is closer to home.   They told me that it needed a complete new front end (upper/lower ball joints, inner/outer wheel bearings, weel seal, u-joint, etc) and quoted me a price of over $1500.  Oh, yeah, and after that I'd need another alignment ($89).

What I don't get is how they put a sticker on it a month ago when it needs so much work!!  I asked and the guy said, "They might have missed a few things."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2011 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sullivan-Tire/Westbrook-Maine-04092/Sullivan-Tire-They-put-an-inspection-sticker-on-a-vehicle-that-should-not-have-been-stick-739626. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sullivan Tire

Sullivan Tire, Westbrook Maine

AUTHOR: Crissy30 - (United States of America)

I took the Bronco to another garage, and they said that there was nothing needed in the front end.  They were amazed at the condition of the vehicle and said they couldn't believe it was a Maine truck.
The front shocks might need replacing soon, as they appear original, but that has nothing to do with the steering issue and it's a comfortable ride as is.

They suggested greasing the front end components because it's a bit dry.  The steering is tight, not loose, and we will try that and see how it goes.

Sullivan Tire in Westbrook quoted me over $1500 for work that wasn't necessary, apparently.  I might actually seek a third opinion if the grease job doesn't work, but my ex told me that there was no way it needed as much work as the estimate/report quoted.  I will certainly warn everybody I know to avoid them and I already posted that on my FB page.  In these tough times, it's incredible to me that somebody would blatently try to scam me for that kind of money.

I will update if the grease job doesn't work, or if another garage tells me something different.  The guy has been in business forever and has a loyal following, so I do trust his opinion.

Christine

Wow!

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

That's some good shilling.  Let us know how it works out!

Message from Sullivan Tire

AUTHOR: Luke - (U.S.A.)

Dear sir or madam,

My name is Luke and I work in the marketing department at Sullivan Tire.  I am really sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience.  Sullivan Tire has been in business for more than 50 years and I can assure you that this is not typical of the customer care that has made our company a success.

If it's ok with you, I would like to put you in touch with one of our regional supervisors and see if there is something they can do to satisfy you.  Please send me a message with the best way to contact you.  If it is easier for you, you can give me your Sullivan Tire invoice number and we can reach out to you using the contact information held in our computer system.

Regards,

Luke

Sullivan Tire

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

Hello,

Sorry about the trouble you had with your vehicle. Would love to get more detail from you about the situation and see if we can resolve it. Shoot me an email when you have a moment please mark.gillard@sullivantire.com

Thank you!