Complaint Review: Summer Bee Meadow

• Submitted: Tue, July 08, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, July 27, 2008

• Reported By:Desoto Texas
Summer Bee Meadow
8400 Transit Lane Baldwinsville, New York U.S.A.

Summer Bee Meadow Summer bee meadow has my money, won't ship, won't respond to phone or e-mails Baldwinsville New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Respons to "Anon"

Beware this company takes your payment and does not ship mechandise. No longer registered on Ebay. Probably due to massive negative feedback. Same story took their money and no product.

Phone mailbox is full most of the time. Either get no e-mail response or rude e-mail response. This business creates a ups shippipng label but does not give the package to UPS.

Anon
Desoto, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2008 08:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Summer-Bee-Meadow/Baldwinsville-New-York-13027/Summer-Bee-Meadow-Summer-bee-meadow-has-my-money-wont-ship-wont-respond-to-phone-or-e--348637. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Summer Bee Meadow

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This customer wrote to Summer Bee Meadow:
Dear Steve, I have sent you several polite e-mails asking where my order was and when it would be shipped. I have also made several calls and even left messages on your voice mail (when it's not full). Since you choose to ingore me. this is what I've done. I've reported you to several consumer websites- [lists four sites as some of those written to] I have also reported to the state att. generals office and BBB. I also contacted [name deleted] who was recommending you on his site.( he doesn't anymore ) also Ebay feedback remains after you are no longer a member. I have begun contacting ALL the members who left negative feedback for you for the same treatment and urging them to contact the same offices and websites I have. I am currently posting my experience with you in ALL of the hydrogen forums on the internet. I have to this point kept all the info I posted true !
> and factual and will continue this practice so as not to risk being guilty of slander or liable. Good day Sir

Summer Bee Meadow wrote in response:

We note that you received a shipping tracking information email on our behalf from UPS Quantum View for your convenient use in confirming and tracking your package's shipping status. We also note that you have received your shipment as ordered.

Your email to us quoted above seems to be an extreme response to a purchase received as ordered, albeit somewhat late due to circumstances explained below.

Yes, your shipment went out late. Read the following and you'll know why it was late and why we were unable to respond to inquiries as we wished:

Kindly read the below for contextual information and response:

There are four clear links inviting purchasers to read our shipping terms on our hydroxide chemicals sales page, including this large, prominent statement:

Read our shipping info, etc.

Please take note that our hydroxide chemicals sales page and our shipping terms specifically state:
"Allow 15 days before considering your order overdue"

Also stated are the customer contacts that may be expected while an order is processed and:
"...Please note that if you send an early status inquiry and it goes unanswered, it is not due to lack of concern on our part, but is instead a matter of reserving proper attention for all orders in process, including yours."

It also states that any order can be canceled and refunded at any time before shipment by simple direct request.

Kindly note that we've experienced a relatively sudden over-ten-fold increase in orders for hydroxide chemicals from automotive-interest group members, outside of our usual customer base. As I'm sure you can imagine, there's a huge difference between handling fifty orders and five hundred orders in any relatively short time.

If we were to have answered each of the many, many emails we've received in the last thirty days (1,721 of them as this is written, to be exact), we would have had no time to pack and ship any orders at all. We are working well past midnight each and every night, seven days a week. Our telephone answering system fills to capacity in less than an hour...

This has caused serious disruption to our ten years' long-standing business and extra delays for our usual customers as well as for our many new customers outside of our normal customer base.

Kindly understand that this is NOT "growing pains". Instead, this is inundation by a thousand unsolicited, unexpected orders from people outside of our usual customer base who have no interest in soapmaking. This occurred because of just one link to our website posted at their automotive-interest discussion board, then passed on to other similar boards around the country and the world - none of them soapmakers. The result bears more resemblance to a classic online "denial of service attack" than it does "growing pains".

This increase is entirely due to orders from the Hydroxy interest group. We can only trust that the same folks who caused this backlog might be considerate enough to tolerate same.

Should this be any particular buyer's problem? Nope, but thanks to the car-guys, not avoidable for us and unfortunately not for our good, long-time customers either.

The car-folks are welcome to order, but do please make allowances for the overwhelming unexpected crush of orders generated by these same folks that has caused some extra delays in fulfilling orders.

We are working as hard as we can to process new orders (as many as 40+ per day) and ship orders to catch up . We are not there yet, but we will be.

Please keep in mind that the items being ordered are hazardous chemicals requiring extra care in handling and packaging for your safety and ours. Our highest priority must be safety and proper, legal sales and shipment of these chemical substances (A goal that is frankly not adhered to by some other sellers).

We apologize for your inconvenience caused by this situation.

With regard to your comments re Ebay, note that we had experienced a similar extreme overload of orders at the time that Red Devil Lye was withdrawn from sale across the country - about a year to a year and a half before we left Ebay. At the time we left Ebay, we once again had an excellent contemporary record and our all-history record percentage was also excellent for our history at Ebay. The following copy from our post of 2/22/07 in a discussion of the then-upcoming "feedback 2.0" changes at Ebay explains why we shortly thereafter left that market forum:

Posted at Auction Bytes forum 02/22/2007:
> The excellent cocept of feedback has been all too often usurped by the growing number of Ebayers who use it as a "club" to beat sellers up with. Should my recent buyer who sent demands for status on the first and second day after payment and then demanded refund on the third day and filed a PayPal dispute and harassed us continuously afterward, ending in negative feedback for us for a sale conducted and shipped well be now allowed to leave several negative comments on our record when they were obviously "disturbed" and obnoxious from the get go? There are an increasing number of such indivviduals already running amok at Ebay. Would giving them even more opportunity to harm sellers at their disturbed whim be a good thing? I think not. This may well be the "final straw that causes us to dump Ebay for good after seven years of selling there. Selling at our own website is FAR less expensive and MUCH less contentious. -Steve M. Summer Bee Meadow

[Note that then-upcoming changes at Ebay were a very hot topic and led to the deserting of Ebay by many, many good sellers, then]

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company