- Report: #692547
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Sun Gas Station - Orlando International Airport
Sun Gas Station - Orlando International Airport5600 Butler National Drive Orlando, Florida United States of America
Sun Gas Station - Orlando International Airport Sun Gas Station Most expensive Self Serve Gas Station I've ever seen - No Gas price signs - $4.899/gallon regular gas Orlando, Florida
*General Comment: FL Dept of Consumer Services - Gas Sellers - contact info
*Consumer Comment: What I've Done...
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
before returning our rental gar we found a gas station selling a gallon of regular for $4.899 just outside the Orlando International Airport. This is $1.90 more than the going rate.
Sun gas station - is still operating under the Shell logo - There is no gas sign out front and the prices on the pumps are LED and very hard to read.
What they are doing is preying on people returning their rental vehicles and topping off their tanks.
The receipt printer at the pump was out of paper - I assume so people don't have printed evidence of this rip off unless they go in and ask for a receipt - what I did....
If you drive less then 1 mile down the road further you will find other - decent - gasstations with reasonable priced gas.
An advice from somebody who shared the same negative experience with those people:
* Pull up the pump and swipe your credit card, preferably and AMEX due to the high transaction costs and per transaction fees.
* Pump $0.02 in gas and return the nozzle to the pump
* Repeat as many times as you can until your card is not able to be swiped. Everytime you swipe your card, especially AMEX the merchant has to pay a per transactin fee (Usually $0.50 - $1.00) plus a percentage for the total sale. Nothing like turning the tables on those people and making them pay $0.50 - $1.00 to sell $0.02 in gas.
Also complain to the rental car companies, someone at the airport needs to put up signs to stop this.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2011 02:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sun-Gas-Station-Orlando-International-Airport/Orlando-Florida-32812/Sun-Gas-Station-Orlando-International-Airport-Sun-Gas-Station-Most-expensive-Self-Serve-692547. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.