Complaint Review: Sun Laboratories

• Updated: Thu, February 14, 2013

• Reported By: Ashley — Anaheim California United States of America
Sun Laboratories
20550 Prairie St Chatsworth, California United States of America

Sun Laboratories Sun Labs Don't fall for their "You Won a Trip to Hawaii" Scam! Chatsworth, California

First let me say that I love this product. Their tanning lotion is fantastic, so it's a shame that they ruin a great product by getting tangled up in this "Free Travel" stuff.

Anyway, I purchased some of their product at a trade show in Long Beach California in Jan 2013. I entered myself in a contest at their booth to win a free trip to Hawaii, never expecting anything to come from it.

In Feb 2013, I was contacted by Sun Labs agent Michael who told me my name had been one of two chosen in their raffle and that I won the Hawaii trip! Obviously, I was suspicious so I asked "What's the catch?"

He said that there was no catch, except that you had to cover your own hotel costs...so already my free trip to Hawaii had been reduced to free airfare to Hawaii. Then he said that in order to receive your airfare voucher, you just had to purchase the company's $199 kit of products.

He then tells me, "Go ahead and get your credit card." I told him I will not be "going to get my credit card" because this has scam written all over it. He told me that usually the people that "win" are overjoyed at this offer and he acted like he couldn't believe that I was passing it up.

Sure enough, the next day, I received a call from my cousin who had also signed up for the raffle. Guess what--- she had also been chosen in this raffle! What a "coincidence!"

All you have to do is google "Sun Laboratories" and you will see that they have been pulling this scam for years! The poor people that purchase this kit don't seem to ever be able to actually use their voucher, and if they do they have to purchase a ton more stuff. Please don't be fooled.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2013 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sun-Laboratories/Chatsworth-California-91311/Sun-Laboratories-Sun-Labs-Dont-fall-for-their-You-Won-a-Trip-to-Hawaii-Scam-Chatsworth-1014278. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sun Laboratories