Complaint Review: Sun Travel

• Updated: Mon, August 18, 2014

• Reported By: Ypsilanti — Ypsilanti Michigan
Sun Travel
270 Sparta Ave Sparta, New Jersey USA

Sun Travel take the money and run to steal away the customer's fun Sparta New Jersey

*General Comment: Sun Travel Scam

Everything that happened to "Creole, Alabama" happened to us.  First the $49 reservation fee per person then the $99 per person deposit.  $296 total.

Being from Michigan, my wife and I dreamed of sunny San Francisco.  When the original date was picked, it was apparently during a peak period and would cost more money.  I researched online and could get the same vacation myself for half the price.

It seemed like any date we picked was during a peak period so I sent a list of dates that extended into the next year all the way to the end of the promotion (1 year).  As it turned out, every single date I picked was during a peak period.  It just made no sense.

Next, we tried going somewhere closer like Minnesota or Chicago.  These places too, had additional fees attached to them.  So I tried a place in Michigan where I could drive to in about 2 hours.  This should cut out the airport fees and airline tickets, right? I found a nice hotel for $140 (over twice what we had already paid).  I tried to get a one night stay without any additional fees and they still wanted to add more fees without any guarantee that we could even stay there.

I called the Sparta, New Jersery police department, which told me I had to start a complaint locally.  I started a complaint locally and it looked like something was actually going to get done.  When our local police called Sun Travel and looked at their website, he called me back and said they were a real business even though they do some "funny" things.  Apparently the representative from Sun Travel told the police that we were trying to get a free vacation from them. (Excuse me!  Isn't that what you were advertising?)   They would have made $158 from us if we could have stayed in the Michigan hotel for one night.  This seems like a pretty good profit if you asked me.

If anyone else has had issues with Sun Travel, it's time to band together and file a class action lawsuit!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2014 07:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sun-Travel/Sparta-New-Jersey-07871/Sun-Travel-take-the-money-and-run-to-steal-away-the-customers-fun-Sparta-New-Jersey-1170464. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sun Travel

#1 General Comment

Sun Travel Scam

AUTHOR: Shar - ()

Everything that happened to Creole, Alabama and Michigan happened to us. First the $49.00 activation fee per person, then the $99.00 per person deposit. Total of $296.00. We attended a seminar on a vacation club we ended up joining. For attending we were given a voucher for two free night accomodation including round trip airfair for two from Sun Travel. I've been trying since January 2014 to book this get away. It's been hard for me to get in contact with someone from Sun Travel these past few moths. No one returns my phone calls.

Finally I did get in contact with them and was told that for adding only one extra night they want to charge me an additional $493.00 per person. I asked for a explanation as to why so much and I was told their computers went down and they would have to get back to me. I asked to speak with a supervisor because at this point I had my suspicions as to if tjis was a scam. The first women told me she didn't know who they were. The second women said they have many and she would have to call me back. Since today I haven't received a call back yet. This trip was to Las Vegas in December. If there is anyone else out there that has issues with Sun Travel please let me know.